Barbossa and his crew, not really

Lady Alyx

I was over at the Pirate Master Wiki website and was checking on the page I set up over there for people to post pics of themselves as pirates. A gent posted his pic there, he and some buds where lucky to be extras while the filming was going on in Dominica. Here is the link to the photo he posted. I told him I was going to share it here.

POTC extra's pic w/ Barbosa

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Ummmm.... you all know that is not Geoffrey Rush right? :unsure:

It's a Barbossa Look-a-like?

Right?

This is Geoffrey and crew.

BarbossaandCrew-1.jpg

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

No I don't.... and someone may just be having you on.

A double? That guy looks nothing like him. Look at his nose!

The second film was done in Dominica and Barbossa was not in that film.

Geoffrey was never there.

Okay, he was in the film but he was on a soundstage in Burbank, Ca.

Sorry :unsure:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Aye the hair is diffrent, diffrent color and the lips are diffrent. And if you look at the hands Geoffrey's nails look long, the others are short and unpainted.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

I took one look at Lady Alyx's friend's picture and said to myself, "Someone is messing with her. NONE of those gents were in the movie."

First, there were way too many hats on those pirates to have been extras. The scenes in the Dominican Republic were mostly filmed on the ships/barges. Pirate extras would have NOT been wearing hats.

Two, that guy looked nothing like Geoffrey Rush. His skin was way too smooth and had there been a Rush double, Christine and Lady Barbossa would have been posting all about way before now.

This is my un-informed, un-educated opinion before I even read Iron Bess's post.

Come to think of it, I have seen the Barbossa "double" before. Did anyone get pics of the guy from Big Bear that came dressed as Barbossa? Although his hat didn't have the holes it should have.

Iron Bess, I bet the Barbossa double and his buddy Sparrow double show up at Pier Daze this weekend. Keep a weather eye out.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Yeah, as soon as I clicked on the link I knew right away it wasn't Geoffrey. But I gotta admit, this guy is a really good look-alike! Someone finally put a lot of effort to look like Barbossa, that's rare to see. It's usually all about trying to look like Jack, so I'll give this guy kudos for that! :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Tis been a few days since I've been able to pop on.

I'm with Bess and Christine on this one.

It's obvious it's not Rush... but a nice Barbossa look alike. :o Hell, for all I know it could be one of the slew of gents around the US who are dressing up like Barbossa.

If Bess says it's a stuntdouble.. then, most like is. I'd believe it... cause of all the gents dressing up like Barbossa... that lookalike's outfit and get up is WAY better than many! The beard and hair is what gives it away as well as the distressing of the outfit.

It's a wonderful photo nonetheless, Alyx. Thank you.

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!