Buttons! Reasonably Priced ~

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: All packages have gone out! ;)

William Red Wake, Captain Grey, Clay and Michael S Bagsley ~ Keep an eye on the post ~ not very fashionable, but my recycled wrapping paper tube packages are in keeping with the original cost-effective intent! ;)

Silkie, your combined package weighed much more, so it went in a box.

Bonnie, yours was smaller, so a bubble mailer for you.

Willie Wobble - waiting for your final quantity and mailing address.

E-mails are next, with final cost including shipping. Thank you everyone!

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

They look good.

I can post some pictures of 18th Century Buttons from my collection as a reference for those interested.

IMHO its a nice, plain simple button that is probably better than, and cheaper than most alternatives.

Kudos for putting together the project!

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

• 2 weeks later...

My buttons arrived the other day and I like them very much. They are very sturdy and of a good quality. Uniform in size and shape and I even like the patina. I believe that they will look most striking on my new coat.

If I had but one complaint, it would be that they are almost too uniform. Call me a perfectionist, but in reenacting, sometimes imperfection is perfection. I'll just be forced to scratch them up a bit by attending some 5,000 events or more. Woe is me, eh?

Wonderful stuff. I highly recommend the buttons and I'm now wondering if 130 is enough.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• 8 months later...

This is in a small way to help Rumba... But also out of self interest...

Hey Mary!!! Do you still have any of those buttons for sale? I am thinking I would like another batch or two... And perhaps Rumba may consider them too if the look like they will suit her needs.

Michael_banner.jpg

Good Evening!

I do indeed have a quantity of buttons left, though I need to count for accuracy and to determine if I have enough to fulfill your requests. Interested persons, please contact me via e-mail with quantity required.

YHS,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Oderlesseye wants six bottons

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Thanks, being blond is the reason I can walk into any wall. :huh:

I find be'n blond 'N drunk makes it hurt much more less I do!! :ph34r:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Good Evening!

First, please accept my apologies, Rumba ~ I do indeed leave my PM folder full, as I receive too many inquiries and transactions to manage with my poor little overworked pyracy.com box.

Now, then, to the business at hand ~ I have located and counted all the buttons I have remaining.

By dipping into my personal stash a bit, I can just fulfill the orders for Michael Bagley, Rumba, Count de Monet and Oderlesseye ~ and am now Sold Out!

Thank you all for your patronage. I do hope everyone who had an interest has received the quantity of buttons they needed. Should there be sufficient demand in the near future, I can consider placing a second bulk order with the Italian warehouse.

YHS,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

• 5 months later...

Your Attention, Please, Ladies and Gentlemen ~

The Opportunity to Bulk Purchase (a minimum order of 1400 pieces is required) the reasonably-priced Italian Buttons has presented itself again ~ I have received numerous inquiries in the past regarding these buttons, and am willing to arrange for this shipment if sufficient quantities are requested.

ALL Interested Persons Should E-MAIL myself immediately. As this shipment comes from Italy, the order needs to be placed within the week to ensure arrival for those attending Pirate's in Paradise.

Please note: Due to increased metal and shipping costs, the Button price has increased from $0.25 per button to $0.30 per button over the past year.

As ever, I remain,

Your Humble Servant,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

• 1 month later...

Bump...

Okay folks, I have bought 200 of these buttons in the past, and I have used them all (I literally used the last ones yesterday), and I would VERY much like to order more... But of course that depends on others being interested, as I can only commit to another 200 at this point (although I am seriously wishing I could commit to more)...

Why should you want any? Other than to help me get some more of these? :D Well I have been shopping vigourously for another source of period correct brass buttons, and the cheapest I have been able to find is for 85 cents each!!! The mere 30 cents a piece Mary Diamond is selling these for is an AWESOME deal, for FANTASTIC buttons!!! So come on folks, I am sure there are more here that are interested!!! Please! Pretty please with sugar on top? ;)

This has been a selfish and shameless plug for someone else's goods. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Michael_banner.jpg

Eye can use 24 more...

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Thank you most kindly for the bump, Michael ~ and thank you as well, Oderlesseye, for your interest.

Indeed, we shall need a fair number of orders before I can commit to the Large Investment required. All interested parties are heartily encouraged to speak up ~ keep in mind it will take up to a month to recieve these from the manufacturer in Italy.

YHS,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

I was thinking about replacing the buttons on my coat, I think I might just be able to do it now. Those would lookk great against the blue of the coat I think. I just need to find out how many I'll need, for that and other projects.

Edit added, put me down for 50. May need more in the future but its a start.

Edited by hellfirehannah
siggy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

alot of people i have run into, including here in st. louis, have been sporting your buttons. still haven't used up all the buttons i got from you before. seems like i sewed on more than what i ordered !!!

just glad you're out there for all of us :)

put me down for 100 more, please...