Pirate footwear

HildeKitten

Well let's see a picture of those fabulous boots then!

Aye lass 'twill be comin soon as I will shoot the boots then finish the roll off at the fest at ABay next weekend. I do promise to post. :rolleyes:

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

• 4 weeks later...

Kenneth... Wow! Great deal, mate!

Mighty nice an' fancy boots, Pogue. ;)

Hehehe... FINALLY! have the pictures available for viewing! So... here they are of my selection of shoes:

my Boots, that were once Dragoon boots (from G. Gedney Godwin for half price) but had to cut them down (not cause of piratey things either) ;)

Boots.jpg

the fancy white shoes I wore at RF2 with my gold gown. Got them from Fugawee...

shoes1.jpg

black shoes from Townsend, I wear these at the Rev War events...

shoes2.jpg

and of course, my old pair of fancy shoes I converted m'self from a very old pair of victorian style shoes I never hardly used. They turned out great and are currently too small for me (as they are a 9 and a half) and are for sale...

shoes3.jpg

I've a couple other pairs of shoes I converted, but don't have pics of them yet as they are buried somewhere in my Rev War stuff in Storage.

~Lady B

<_<

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 1 month later...

I own a pair of black leather Fungwees mid-1700 cut for ladies along with a pair of early 1700s pair for court dress.

Yet, I would truly love a pair of proper court shoes for the furture, but I cannot justify roughly $550 for a pair! Granted, if anyone of you truly knows me I do have one hell of a shoe fettish...( B) )....

Perhaps one day I will be well enough off to spend oodles of cash on such things instead of food, rent and car insurance!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

I know what ya mean, Cheeky.

Been gawking at all the fine silk shoes of that era online and have been DYING for a pair of my own.

I am trying to find an old pair of white leather shoes that I want to convert into the silk shoes. Gotta find them first before I can do the experiment. Course, after I do the hat and the other outfits! :rolleyes::blink:

Someday, Cheeky. Someday.

I agree with ya, though. Tis a high price for shoes that one wears but a few times a year. Or less.

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I'm in the market for shoes..do the straight last ones feel odd? do they take getting used to?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Two left feet?

Nah, just back-ass-wards! :lol:

But really, the stright lasts do feel funny at first, and do take some getting used to. Two things I do to all new leather footwear; First, I coat them with LEXOL Neatsfoot formula. Don't completly soak them or the leather will get TOO soft, but be generous in that first application. Second; install insoles and wear the crap out of them for a week at every opportunity. I usually plan the first time out to coincide with a long weekend event, such as a woods-walk. Yes your feet will protest, but that comes with the territory. Gotta be done. After you get them formed to your feet, they are really not bad at all. When trying them on, see which shoe fits which foot the best and mark them with a permanent marker. (This also helps out after a couple of pulls from the flask! :lol: ) One more note... THEY ARE SLICK AS SNOT! Be careful where you walk and I do not recommend traversing any decline on grass!

Bo

I know what ya mean, Cheeky.

Been gawking at all the fine silk shoes of that era online and have been DYING for a pair of my own.

I am trying to find an old pair of white leather shoes that I want to convert into the silk shoes. Gotta find them first before I can do the experiment.

I hear you too, Lady B.

My evil-twin has a lovely pair of black court shoes and wears them often...even out in the mundane world. She's had them for seven years and they still look good. What is comes down to is once you get those great shoes/boots and you spend that nice bit of gold for them...THEY WILL LAST, but only if you maintain them right.

She found a local cobblers who does a great job on heel/soul repair. He also cleans/shines them up for no charge with repairs. Very nice gent.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Thanks for the advice..heh I remember slipping down a gravel path like that. The person I was walking with took a wee slide as well..LOL I was just thankful I didn't flop altogether and embarass myself!

Hey we forgot to mention rope sandals!

Thoughts..advice?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Granted, if anyone of you truly knows me I do have one hell of a shoe fettish...( ;) )....

;) Me too! ;)

;) My word...tell me you don't have four pairs of Manolo Blahniks in your closet too, Kenneth!?!

;) FOUR pairs of Manolo's? You really own four pairs?

Bows low courtly bow to Cheeks, while muttering "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy."

My shoe fantasy is to oneday own a pair of Manolo's. **sigh**

Okay, now back on topic. I have one pair of SCA boots that I wear. I like them because they are comfortable, and aren't "in-you-face" bucket boots, but more like a riding boot with a small turn down cuff and squishy around the ankle. I have worn these with street clothes as well, which will help age them naturally. Should I ever lose my senses and make a court dress, I guess I would have to hunt around for some fancy shoes, but that scenerio is WAY down the road. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I do have a source for the rope sandals fairly close by. I don't know if they are on the web, but the Leather Man store on the strip at Bagnell Dam, Osage Beach, Missouri (Lake of the Ozarks) has them in stock. They are European sized, so one size bigger usually gets it for the U.S. sizes. I don't have a pair because my feet and sandals are not compatible, but I have seen them and they are very well made. I think that I can get down there in about an hour and a half if the roads ain't locked by floods or snow. I'll search on it if you don't find another source closer.

Bo

• 3 weeks later...
My Sarah Juniper shoes... brand new... got them at Fort Fred for half the going price!

shoes01.jpg

you lucky dog...I had my Sarah Juniper boots stolen last year after piratecon. I try not to think about it. One of the most depressing events in my life :rolleyes:

nice shoes btw

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

1stMM

You were the guy? I remember reading/hearing about the stolen SJ boots.

Crap.

Do you have any pictures of you wearing them?

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Granted, if anyone of you truly knows me I do have one hell of a shoe fettish...( :ph34r: )....

:ph34r: Me too! :ph34r:

:ph34r: My word...tell me you don't have four pairs of Manolo Blahniks in your closet too, Kenneth!?!

Um.....................................no. Mine wouldn't be in the purchase, but rather the "Observing" of the said shoe. Example. You wearing the Manolo Blahniks, then me fainting. It's my curse! :ph34r:

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

Eye finally got me some rope sandles and found they are pretty comfy. I am still looking for buckle shoes though i prefer to buy in person and not online for that item. I just might find me some shoes and modify them with the strap over type buckle. All in time..

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."