The sea of stones

Story

I wonder if this has been witnessed by sailors, and recorded somewhere. Wouldn't that be a hoot? If some of the tall tales of the sea turn out to be true? It's happened before, I believe...

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Well, I can only imagine the months of on the sea that would lead someone to the conclusion that manitees were half-fish, half-beautiful women.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Why not? they believed in mermaids and sea monsters. Remember when a satillite caught a glow on the water in the Indian ocean one night not too long ago, there were ships logs that recorded that for centuries.

That's a confusing statement.

Islands rising from the middle of the ocean would have been treated the same way by history as tales of mermaids and sea monsters, scoffed at until proven otherwise - like the freak waves were recorded in oral accounts and ship's logs, but no one believed were real until recently.

Read all about it -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3917539.stm

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/n...s/2004/07/64369

Dances for nickels.

I wonder if this has been witnessed by sailors, and recorded somewhere. Wouldn't that be a hoot? If some of the tall tales of the sea turn out to be true? It's happened before, I believe...

"In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming." :huh:

Dances for nickels.

No! Keep Dagon away from me! :huh:

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

I'm just worried where he'll plant them...

- Capt. Joshua Slocum