Goodspeed - Touring the Eastcoast 2007

A new replica of one of the three ships that carried Jamestown's founders will set sail May 22 for a tour of six East Coast ports to begin commemorating the 400th anniversary of America's first permanent English settlement.

GODSPEED:

The replica of the Godspeed ship will depart from the Jamestown Settlement on May 22 for a tour of Northeast ports, visiting the Alexandria Old Town Waterfront from May 27-June 3; Baltimore's Inner Harbor from June 9-12; The Great Plaza at Penns Landing in Philadelphia from June 16-19; South Street Seaport Museum in New York City from June 27-July 6; the John Joseph Moakley U.S. Courthouse and Fan Pier in Boston from July 14-19; and the Newport Yachting Center from July 25-30. Free admission to events including "Landing Party Festivals."

JAMESTOWN SETTLEMENT: Located on State Route 31, just southwest of Williamsburg, Va.; (888) 593-4682. For information on the 400th-anniversary celebration, go to www.Americas400th

Anniversary.com.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

• 2 months later...

Oh wow! I saw this from the tower! Out in the channel to NY harbor.

I thought I was hallucinating when I saw a 3 masted ship. I think it was that one. Huh :ph34r:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I thought I was hallucinating when I saw a 3 masted ship. I think it was that one. Huh

There's a distinct possibility that what you saw could *possibly*be the Royaliste, maybe....maybe not. She's about to make fer these waters about now.

SHIP2-1.jpg

Hmm, lemmeee see...not Godspeed, not Royaliste, so it'd take a lot more information for me to identify the ship. I do try and keep a handle on where other ships are, but we all sail thru NYC, as well as other cities unannounced.( heck, we WILL be near there in a week or so)..Royaliste was downrigged yesterday to transit the Oswego/ Erie Canals enroute to the Hudson. If you care to visit or stop aboard, and you are physically fit and able to do so, then best keep an eye peeled, as I lose internet capabilities today for a while. And frankly, internet posting has caused us grief both ways, so we are back to the 'wake up and see the sunshine' side of the real world for a spell. 4 days to the Hudson, barring dirty weather, where we will restep masts and rig -in for a day at Castleton-on-the-Hudson, and three to Sandy Hook. 3 to 5 more until Norfolk (we are pushing her fairly hard). 4 more thru the Low Country swamps, and 'presto!" back in Beaufort for a short time. That's pretty much the fall lineup, before filming and a haulout for still more repairs from last January's incident..Fair Winds and a Following Sea to all....

:lol: