Those pesky Spaniards at it again...

JoshuaRed

$140 bn, eh? What's the number for the 6th Fleet HQ?

http://www.globenews...s.html?d=169228

News articles released on Monday reported that Spain, a country that has opposed historic treasure salvage for many years, has ordered its navy to look for huge gold and silver reserves that were lost at sea in the 16th century. According to these reports, naval mine sweepers are set to commence radar and sonar surveys to attempt to locate shipwrecks on the seabed off the southern coast of Spain. The value of the gold and silver treasure, which is believed to include Inca and Aztec artifacts, is estimated at $140 billion dollars.

So after sitting on their ass for 300 years Spain is finally going to try and recover some of their lost plunder? And I thought I was a procrastonator! :blink: First I'd say 300 years of neglect demonstrates abandonment. Secondly, regarding archeologist, if they want this stuff they same opportunity to form a corporation to recover it the salvors do. If they don't want to do that I'd suggest they form partnerships with the salvors which would allow them to catalog the items as they are recovered.

Edited by Joe Pyrat

JoePyratA.gif

• The Charles Towne Few - We shall sail... The sea will be our empire.