Barbossa or Sparrow

If ye were to sail under a Captain would it be Jack Sparrow or Barbosa.....  

32 members have voted

1. 1. If ye were to sail under a Captain would it be Jack Sparrow or Barbosa.....

• Jack Sparrow
    • Barbosa

After the last movie, isn't it obivious? Although, I think that is what Johnny wanted, NOT to be the most fearsome pirate captain to ever sail the seven seas. I just wish the writers hadn't listened to him when they wrote the script. B)

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

There is something about the *un Dead* I find appealing.

That and I'd make more loot working for HB so I have to set course for his direction. If of course you can pry Lady B and Christine away from him long enough to let the man earn a living... B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

As much as Barbosa tends to be a more decisive and effective Captain, I think I would prefer to sail under a captain that for the most part would not summararily shoot me/run me through/maroon me/otherwise screw me over, out of blind malice or just for sh1tz and gigglez.... As Barbossa would....

It actually took me some thought... but when weighing a possible random death by a strong decisive captain to following a bit of a buffoon... I'll folllow the buffoon in hopes of escaping stupid circumstances on a regular basis over wondering when the lead shot in the back was coming.... B)

Michael_banner.jpg

I don't know, Bagley - while it's true that Barbossa might randomly kill one or two of his crewmen, I have to say the odds of survival are still in his own crew's favor. It was Jack, afterall, that specifically went on a "soul harvesting" recruitment drive. With the exception of a handful of front-running castmembers, it seems virtually all of Sparrow's crewmen ended up as somebodies dinner, be it kraken or cannibal.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

:::Points to m' name::::

Need I say more?

If of course you can pry Lady B and Christine away from him long enough to let the man earn a living...

Hell, Bess! I'd be right there along side Hector fighting with abandon and vigor. ::points to avatar::: B)

I'll be wanting to take my fair share in the bloodletting and plundering!

Always have been loyal to Barbossa and always will be.

And Bilgemunky said it there.

~Lady B

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I don't know, Bagley - while it's true that Barbossa might randomly kill one or two of his crewmen, I have to say the odds of survival are still in his own crew's favor. It was Jack, afterall, that specifically went on a "soul harvesting" recruitment drive. With the exception of a handful of front-running castmembers, it seems virtually all of Sparrow's crewmen ended up as somebodies dinner, be it kraken or cannibal.

Oh, there's no doubting that either captain wouldn't cause the demise of a crew member to their own gain/survival (by direct or indirect action).... It's just with Jack the odds of an untimely demise would be higher, but better that you would see it coming.

I don't like suprises. B)

And please, Michael, I'm really not that fond of my last name... Not that I take offence by it's use, I just really prefer Michael. B)

Michael_banner.jpg

B) I'd have to 2nd Bilgemunky, as fun as it might be to be on a crew with Jack, your life expectancy is awful short. Jack goes through more "redshirts" than a whole season of the original star trek. Not to mention, that Barbosa seems to have much better earning potential.

That said, I'd have Barbosa for my captain, but I'd rather go drinking with Jack!

Sea Captain: Yar, that be handsome pete, he dances on the pier for nickels!

Sea Captain: Arrr... you gave him a quarter, he'll be dancin all day.

While capt Jack is someshat an exagerated characture I do see some of him in my own personality. This is why I will make no attempt to portray him just too weird for me. but having him as captain would be entertaining to say the least.

Sir Beachem Quick,

Captain of the . . .

TheMW-1.png

. . . a small but dangerous

crew.

Why Jack Sparrow, of course! He's witty enough to outfox Barbossa and get himself out of tight predicaments... :D

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

ace_cave_avatar.jpg

Votes for BArbossa ! :D

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

A'lookin' at Jack's resume it be apparent that he ain't captain material.

1. Has to sell his soul ta get a ship.

2. Mutinied upon after 2 year.

3. 10 year wi'out a ship at the start of #1.

4. Almost mutinied upon at the start of #2.

5. Finding fault wi' his own work in the multiple Jack desert scene in #3.

6. Sullied an unusual would not be his feelin's after a'wipin Kraken snot on MY shirt. :D

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

Okay, not that I'm a perfectionist, anal, or anything like that :rolleyes: , but I have to fix this topic title. It's Barbossa with two 's'. Ladies, I'm surprised you didn't say anything.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Barbosa is probably the better captain,but id follow jack anywhere.lol

Jeeze.... they'd not be able to tell that guy from a parade!!! :rolleyes:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I would sail with Jack, because if you look at it like your work experience you have every day and over the years. Who would you rather be supervised over. Someone who is scary and hard on you or someone who funny and works with you?

Don't get me wrong I love the strong and cunning character of Barbossa, but if you ask this type of question I will favor Jack.

(also at this time I have not seen POTC3 so I don't know how Barbossa and Jack are in this film to add to my pick) :unsure:

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Captain Hector Barbossa has intelligence, knowhow and cunning. Captain Jack Sparrow is creative, inventive, and interesting. However, Barbossa is the one who would project a better image of fear as a captain, much like Blackbeard. Jack is great at creating complicated plans that always work out in the end. I would say that Barbossa is the better captain, but hes only successful when he has a crew. Jack is the better individual pirate.