The Elissa

Black Deacon

I be trying to get into next years volunteer list for the only true tall ship in the Houston/Galveston area. Thought I'd post the info on the ship here. The Elissa If only the Royalist woould want to come play in warmer waters.

Here be her Specs

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

<drool>

I love Galveston, and I loved working as volunteer crew on the Denis Sullivan. To work a tallship IN Galveston?

<more drool>

Alas, it's too far a commute from Milwaukee. Still, Galveston is top on my list of future homeports, so maybe I'll be in touch one day!

I AM BILGEMUNKY

I will definitely have to stop by the next time I'm out that way. I wanted to go out two weeks ago when I was in Houston, but me Dad being in the hospital I didn't think he would be to keen on me looking for sails while the docs contemplated making him a peg leg pirate. But I felt the pull of the sea.

Landlocked as always in Arizona.

:D

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

<drool>

I love Galveston, and I loved working as volunteer crew on the Denis Sullivan. To work a tallship IN Galveston?

<more drool>

Alas, it's too far a commute from Milwaukee. Still, Galveston is top on my list of future homeports, so maybe I'll be in touch one day!

Bilge if you get down here by all means send up a flare before ya comin'. I'll buy the first round. Ya be more in welcome to board with the Texican Privateers.

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

I will definitely have to stop by the next time I'm out that way. I wanted to go out two weeks ago when I was in Houston, but me Dad being in the hospital I didn't think he would be to keen on me looking for sails while the docs contemplated making him a peg leg pirate. But I felt the pull of the sea.

Landlocked as always in Arizona.

:unsure:

Well Tori ifinya make it this way again. Please let me know.

--------------

sig1.jpg

There are some very shallow waters in the area being as Galveston is one big sandbar. But the channel is clear all the way to kemah and clear lake. I would love to sell the idea to the Kemah Boarwalk on a REAL Pirate show next year. They do a Buccanneer Days where I do a Comedy pirate sword fight show. I've been trying to talk them into a real pirate stunt show.

--------------

sig1.jpg

[Well Tori ifinya make it this way again. Please let me know.

I sure will, Black Deacon. Me Dad told me that me brother, nephew and niece have been volunteering on the Elissa. Their names be Terry, Robert and Clarissa. Holler if you know them.

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.