AWE, opinions please :) - SPOILERS ALERT!!

HildeKitten

As for Will and Elizabeth, I've heard they ended that story line as they did as both Knightly and Bloom would not sign on to do a 4th movie ....

Or could it be... that they were not invited back for a 4th.....

Gotta save face you know. :ph34r:

Then why did Orlando Bloom publicly state on Jay Leno a few night ago that he would come back for more Pirates of the Caribbean movies? Just saying what the fans want to hear perhaps?

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liked it better than POTC 2, the cameo by Keith Richards was great. The plot, killing off well known characters, multiple Sparrows, Calypso, ad nauseum, left much to be desired... With any luck we'll finally be rid of Calypso and Davey Jone's fish people... :ph34r::ph34r:

Yours, Mike

Try these for starters- "A General History of the Pyrates" edited by Manuel Schonhorn, "Captured by Pirates" by John Richard Stephens, and "The Buccaneers of America" by Alexander Exquemelin.

As for Will and Elizabeth, I've heard they ended that story line as they did as both Knightly and Bloom would not sign on to do a 4th movie ....

Or could it be... that they were not invited back for a 4th.....

Gotta save face you know. :ph34r:

Then why did Orlando Bloom publicly state on Jay Leno a few night ago that he would come back for more Pirates of the Caribbean movies? Just saying what the fans want to hear perhaps?

It's entirely possible I heard a false rumour.... Maybe he will be back for the next film (or other hypothetical future PoTC film).

Michael_banner.jpg

(Shrug) Why would I know why?

I doubt anyone can control what an out of work actor says or does.

My understanding is, and I'm sure anyone can dig around the internet and find something to say ..*But HE said!...* somthing differnt, is that Orlando is NOT being asked back if they even DO a 4th film.

You guys have to remember that while it's in a soft planning stage it is not a given. There may be no more movies.

With or with out any one. ;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

With any luck we'll finally be rid of Calypso and Davey Jone's fish people... ;);)

Yours, Mike

Hmmm..... belive it or not in some areas of testing the* Jones boys* got a higher rating then Jack with kids and some adults.

My take was it was the newness of the look but then they kept their high rating through this testing too.

(Chuckle) Well, I guess there is someone out there for everyone! ;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Hmmm..... belive it or not in some areas of testing the* Jones boys* got a higher rating then Jack with kids and some adults.

My take was it was the newness of the look but then they kept their high rating through this testing too.

(Chuckle) Well, I guess there is someone out there for everyone!  ;)

How did the Barbossa's undead crew do in the first movie? (That's what they really need to bring back.) Did they even run extensive poll test on the first movie? I get the impression that its success surprised even Disney.

Of course, when a bunch of people who post on a pirate site and pose as pirates view a movie like this, we must realize that we're probably going to mostly like the pirates. Our opinions are a bit, er, biased. (Lest we forget. Making movies for interest groups is usually the work of independent film-makers, not Disney. ;) )

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Most of these tests are done outside of California... they know they can be biased here.

They are not always shows full of Pirate wannabes's ;)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

A few thoughts:

When I saw all the Jack doubles the first thing that came to my mind was seeing all the Jack Sparrows at the Ojai pirate faire last year. ;)

I loved the look of surprise on Barbossa's face when he and Elizabeth are getting ready to fight on deck and all of the sudden swords come up from the floor and into their hands. Priceless!

Liked when Sparrow asks daddy (Keith Richards) how's mummy, and the shrunken head is held up.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly scene when the six meet each other on the little spit of sand...

Everybody in the theater mumbled the same thing when Tia/Calypso get really big and she's uttering some kind of something - everybody was going, 'what did she say?' And though it may have been nothing but sound,

(Thanks Iron Bess for clearing that up), it still sounded like she indeed was saying something.

Killing off Will, what a great idea and cutting out his heart -even better! ;)

Just think, it will have to be another ten years before Disney will allow him back on the lot! ;);););)

The critics were upset because they actually had to pay attention for a change. :lol:

I didn't have any trouble following the story. I'd be disappointed if there weren't a myriad of backstabbing plots and subterfuge!

My favourite parts were the undead monkey cannonball, and the collective gasp of the women in the theatre when Jack told Giselle, "Of course it makes you look fat!"

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Honestly, I loved it. It was not the same love as I felt for the first one, but it was so full of adventure and fun I truly enjoyed it. And Keira got to have fantastic Clothes! I love her Chinese Pirate costume. :lol:

Floggin's are a natural part of life

"Well behaved women rarely make history."

Member of the International Wenches Guild

I liked that Will is killed by his own blade. A "fine" sword to die by I must say. But answer me this. Calypso mentioned that Davy Jones was not always the monster he is. It was after he cut out his heart that he began to change. If Bootstrap cut out Will's, will he begin to change as well?

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

I liked that Will is killed by his own blade. A "fine" sword to die by I must say.  But answer me this.  Calypso mentioned that Davy Jones was not always the monster he is. It was after he cut out his heart that he began to change. If Bootstrap cut out Will's, will he begin to change as well?

Wait, you mean Norrington was killed by his own sword instead. Cuz Wil was stabbed by Davy Jones.

Wil won't look like Davy Jones because his love, Elizabeth, is faithful to him. Unlike how Tia Dalma/Calypso was to Davy Jones. He also wasn't doing other things he was supposed to as well. Wil becomes free of the curse in 10 years because of Elizabeth staying faithful to him.

Somewhere I read about the bucket of water that Davy Jones stood in to be on land with Beckett, Wil, Barbossa, Elizabeth and Jack. They then wondered why Wil couldn't do the same to see Elizabeth. How funny would that be, standing in the bucket of water in order to have sex with Elizabeth before the 10 years is up-LOL! :D

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I liked that Will is killed by his own blade. A "fine" sword to die by I must say.  But answer me this.  Calypso mentioned that Davy Jones was not always the monster he is. It was after he cut out his heart that he began to change. If Bootstrap cut out Will's, will he begin to change as well?

Wait, you mean Norrington was killed by his own sword instead. Cuz Wil was stabbed by Davy Jones.

Wil won't look like Davy Jones because his love, Elizabeth, is faithful to him. Unlike how Tia Dalma/Calypso was to Davy Jones. He also wasn't doing other things he was supposed to as well. Wil becomes free of the curse in 10 years because of Elizabeth staying faithful to him.

Somewhere I read about the bucket of water that Davy Jones stood in to be on land with Beckett, Wil, Barbossa, Elizabeth and Jack. They then wondered why Wil couldn't do the same to see Elizabeth. How funny would that be, standing in the bucket of water in order to have sex with Elizabeth before the 10 years is up-LOL! :D

I *think* (but I might be wrong), that Norrington ended stabbed with his own sword (the one made by Will) and that Jones took it along and ended stabbing Will with it (but like I said, I may very well be wrong here, I'm sure someone remembers the sword bit better than me ^^).

Christine, I just had to laugh so much over your bucket comment :)

I think Will passed on doing that, because he's such a good boy that wouldn't forsake his duty

:D

Bootstrap killed Norrington with a pike, and Jones took Norrington's sword (the one Will made in the first movie). Later on, Jones ran Will through with the sword, thus bringing one more aspect of the story full-circle.

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

The whole trilogy can be classified as "Theatre of the Absurd", since the story ends up pretty much where it started.

Funny old world, innit? :D

When I want to see that, I go to a play by Ionesco, Beckett (no relation) or Sartre, but not a Disney movie. :D

banner.jpg

"The floggings will continue until morale improves!"

[..], thus bringing one more aspect of the story full-circle.

There were so many aspects "brought full circle" in that piece, that when I left the theatre, my entire head was circling! :rolleyes:

Yeah, since it ended full circle, I really see no reason to keep going with more movies. Barbossa and Jack will forever fight over the Pearl, it should just end where it is. Anything more would be like beating a dead horse.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I thought Davy (and crew) was changing primarily because he wasn't doing what he was supposed to (ferrying the dead). I don't remember anything about his love being faithful, only that he gave up his "mission" after 10 years because she wasn't there when he got off the ship. (But then I only saw it once and have apparently confused other things.)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Caraccioli,

You are correct. Davy Jones did not keep his part of the bargin. His responsibility was to ferry the souls of those who died at sea. He broke his bargin when he returned after 10 years to find Tia/Calypso not there waiting for him.

"'Tis my nature'. She said to him as they spoke together in her cell.

Cheeky

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

I enjoyed AWE a lot better than I liked DMC.

For all of those millions and millions of dollars I expected a better screenplay. Instead I got an uninspiring rewrite of Return of the Jedi.

All aspects of the art dept were excellent though!

-CS

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg