AWE, opinions please :) - SPOILERS ALERT!!

HildeKitten

I just got home from the Pirates of the Caribbean marathon at the theatre in Mechelen.

And I must say that At World's End is really quite good :)

I don't want to say more at this point, as I know not everyone has seen it yet :)

(We got it in theatre's a day sooner, and an extra "day" sooner in avant-premiere. As far as 11.30 pm can be called sooner :lol: )

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The folks here in the US will not see it for another 2 days so responses may be slow until then....

I however, DID like the Monkey. (And will not be giving away any secrets until Friday.) :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

:lol: By then they won't be secrets, Bess!

But most likely you will be bombarded with questions to clear up some confused souls.

I picked up the Soundtrack this evening... listening to it right now... just started track 10... and thus far I'm loving it! I'm overly eager for the movie now.

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

The folks here in the US will not see it for another 2 days so responses may be slow until then....

I however, DID like the Monkey. (And will not be giving away any secrets until Friday.) :lol:

Yeah I know that Belgium was getting an early release this time (which was long overdue since we had to wait like a week longer than everyone else for the first two movies).

The monkey was indeed rather fabulous :)

I bet tons of kids will want a monkey like that now :)

Out of curiousity (and no I don't want a monkey, I have my hands full on the cat and the iguana as it is ^^), what kind of monkey is it?

Does anyone know?

The one that did all the shoulder sitting with Barbossa is a Brown Capuchin monkey named Chiquita.

The other two (stunt and running monkys) were NASTY! :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

The one that did all the shoulder sitting with Barbossa is a Brown Capuchin monkey named Chiquita.

The other two (stunt and running monkys) were NASTY!  :rolleyes:

And according to Geoffrey in interviews, she's not the monkey from the first movie. That was rent-a-monkey, if you will, for the first one. For 1 and 2 this monkey was priced and Geofrrey's agent said it's so funny how the monkey went for so high to get into these 2 movies-lol! :rolleyes:

But little Chiquita is such a cutie. She played a male character quite well, but now might need therapy for that! :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I just got home from the Pirates of the Caribbean marathon at the theatre in Mechelen.

And I must say that At World's End is really quite good :)

I don't want to say more at this point, as I know not everyone has seen it yet :)

(We got it in theatre's a day sooner, and an extra "day" sooner in avant-premiere. As far as 11.30 pm can be called sooner :rolleyes: )

I'm going to the 8pm showing tomorrow, so I'll know by tomorrow night, some time closer to midnight, what I think of it. From what I've seen and already heard I'm certain I'll love it! :rolleyes:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I am extremely excited about seeing it this weekend. The Crew of the Archangel cannot wait! We will be at a Marcus Theater in IL working the premier of the movie by entertaining the crowds and have tons of fun!

From what I’ve heard and seen thus far…looks like a crazy ride! We are keeping our fingers crossed hoping that we see our Gunner in the movie….oh, that and of course Jack at his best!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Tales of the Seven Seas will be entertaining at a local venue in Redwood City. Most of the crew will see the last show at 10:30, but I'll wait until next week to see it with Iron Jack. So I'll just have to avoid the spoiler threads for the next few days...

RHJMap.jpg

The other two (stunt and running monkys) were NASTY!  B)

I remember the documentary Planet Earth said that capuchins are the bullies of the monkey world. A former rommate of mine, a primatologist, who used to keep capuchins said you have to come back with as much attitude as they give you or they'll run ruoghshod all over you.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

B)   By then they won't be secrets, Bess!

:huh: That's what you think.....

Ooooo... you have me intregued now, Bess! Be ready for th' bombardment of questions then.

Christine... I'm with you, girl! I'm VERY, VERY eager t' see ol' Barbossa in action. It's been FAR, FAR too long for us fans of Barbossa to see his glorious image grace the big screen.

I'll be at a local theater, too.

~Lady B

B)

HildeKitten, did you stay for the scene after the credits, if so what were your thoughts? I already know what it is and I think it's pretty lame, of course tho Wil/Elizabeth fans will just love it. *gags* I still say the best scene at the end of the credits is in the first movie with the monkey and Barbossa laying on the pile of gold. :ph34r:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Thanks for posting the review RumbaRue...even if it was poorly written(IMO).

I won't pass judgement on the movie, having not seen it, but this review is far from helpful.

My favorite part of his review was his closing, Too violent for children, and not smart enough for the increasingly savvy and demanding YouTube bunch...

:lol: Yeah, because when I think of intelligence and savvy, I think of YouTube... :P

Oh, and RottenTomatoes has a whole bunch of review already: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/pirates_of...he_caribbean_3/

Sea Captain: Yar, that be handsome pete, he dances on the pier for nickels!

Sea Captain: Arrr... you gave him a quarter, he'll be dancin all day.

I'm noticing that the negative reviews are from critics who really are not even pirate fans. So their reviews are pointless, they went in with the attitude they wouldn't like it to begin with.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Saw it last nite in a kind of pre-screening. Pretty cool! I can't say much now though.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

Just came back from the German premiere, and my opinion is: So- so.

Terrible dragging the first two thirds, Johnny Depp's dialogues made me cringe more often than not, but the showdown battle had its nice moments.

More when I have slept over it.

banner.jpg

"The floggings will continue until morale improves!"

My favorite fantasy battle scene of all time! It was INCREDIBLE!!!! :lol:

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

***********MAJOR SPOILERS!!!******READ AT YER OWN RISK!!!!!*****

I got home from the 8pm showing. The theater was packed! We had a whole bunch of Wil Turner fans sitting right behind us, sheesh! ;) My neck is a bit sore, the theater was so packed that finding seats was not an easy task, we were more towards the front, ugh!

Anyway, the movie is indeed so much better than the 2nd one, as I guessed it would be. It had a faster pace, lots of action and lots of humor. I'm sorry tho, but Jack really came out looking like quite a fool in some scenes. I can see now why Barbossa is becoming more popular and Geoffrey has been interviewed more than anyone else. For the most part it moved along well and pretty much made sense. Tho, is Jack the monkey free from his curse? They never really did explain that. They kept referring to him as an undead monkey in the 2nd one and then nothing more of that in this one. He could eat just fine, like when Barbossa was feeding him peanuts-LOL! ;) Oh and I also did wonder about this, in the very beginning, how did they all make it to Signapore without a ship? I highly doubt they got there by swimming! ;)

I agree about that huge battle scene at the end. It was indeed intense!

It looks like not much more will happen with Wil and Elizabeth. Because of what happened to Wil, Elizabeth stays faithful to him for 10 years. The end scene at the end of the credits explains that. Pay attention to what Pintel says about the green light earlier in the movie and then you'll know why Wil is not cursed anymore in that scene after the credits. The whole scene with Wil asking Elizabeth to marry him during the battle was rather stupid! And then having Barbossa marry them. Of course tho it was funny how he'd bark out the words while still fighting, lol! :lol:

Watching Barbossa and Jack banter back and forth in different scenes was of course very entertaining! That's what was missing in the 2nd movie. Having it be all about Jack just doesn't work. It has to have that balance and Barbossa helps bring that.

Little things here and there were funny. The wonderful homage to the ride was awesome! Especially the part when they went down the waterfall, everything went all black and you hear the soundtrack from the ride-LOL! :lol: Not happy with what happened to Governor Swann and Norrington. :lol: The thing is I knew of so much before-hand since reading a script and just heard and saw things as well. I don't really like surprises so this didn't bother me in the least to know stuff before seeing it. Especially since dealing with screaming girls and missing some dialogue because of whatever was going on around me. It didn't matter since I knew ahead of time what would happen.

So, bottom line, this was indeed a fun movie, I enjoyed it a lot! From the way it ended I can see where they could make a 4th one, but really, they shouldn't. It would be like beating a dead horse. It pretty much came full circle between Barbossa and Jack. I really think it's best to leave it alone. And this is coming from a Barbossa fan, who of course would love to see more Barbossa, but at the same time it shouldn't be done. I think it's great as is, but I doubt Disney will leave it alone. ;)

The highlight of my evening was of course seeing Barbossa again, what an awesome actor Geoffrey is. Makes me just love him even more! :lol: Alrighty then, g'nite, my neck is sore from sitting too darn close and my ears are still ringing from screaming Wil fans. :lol: At least they also screamed and cheered for Barbossa as well, I'll give them that-lol! :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Aye, Christine... I'm with you there.

1st, Critics suck! We all know that. No point in saying more there.

2nd, Aye, Barbossa stole th' show here!

Yes, there were many in the theater, sold out all the way. Even had to add an extra show! 5 shows all this evening, all sold out!

And they CHEERED gloriously with Barbossa! Barbossa had more backbone and personality to him.

Lee, Mackenzie, Marty, Kevin.. and the whole lot were great.

It was great to see Angus and the other gent reprising their role as Murtogg and Mulroy. And the other gent who reprised his role as Groves.

T'was VERY sad about Swann and Norrington, too.

But most of all, I was sad with Davy Jones at the end. I liked him... a lot. I know many lasses who are bawling their eyes out. Davy Jones was VERY much fancied!

3rd...

The final battle scene was just.... incredible! I would have thought a wee bit more into it... but it's rather Genteel of what they did. A Gentleman's battle it was.

I won't be sayin' much more now. As I don't want to be givin' away too much until the vast majority have seen th' film. :lol:

Again... BARBOSSA ROCKS!!!!

~Lady B

:lol: