my flintlock

While Capt. Enigma's reply is, well, rather blunt, he is correct. This and the many other "replicas" out there are not designed to fire anything or to be "sparked" for effect. Attempting to do so would be extremely dangerous.

Then again your new Pyrate name could be "Lefty!"

Seriously, if you want to make lots of noise and smoke, find someone who fires black powder and ask lots of questions. The least expensive way to get into a reasonably correct pistol is to buy a Pedersoli Queen Ann.

And for God's sake learn how to shoot safely.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I agree with Captain Jim, the Queen Ann pistol is your best start for a first black powder pistol.

I think what sparrow was searching for were those little caps made out of paper with the little bang dot in the middle like the snap guns had when we were 5 years old? Am I wrong?

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

For most pirate reenacting flintlocks are the common guns, so no firecaps are used. They belong to a later era, civil war and so on.

Your "gun" isn't a gun after all, it's a cheap cast wallhanger or a toy. Not usable for firing/igniting/crackling anything.

It's much too dangerous, and if you run the lock too often it will simply break.

Cheers,

Jack

While Capt. Enigma's reply is, well, rather blunt, he is correct.

Sorry if I offended anyone, but I usually speak my mind and don't like beating around the bush.

@ the original poster: There are numerous sources for obtaining a real flintlock- and doglock or flintlock it should be, as those are the weapons of choice for the discriminating buccaneer: The best Queen Annes come from Pedersoli, as Jim has already pointed out. But they do come for a price; quality in the arms sector never comes cheap.

Another good source for period arrr!ms is Loyalist Arms, or the Rifle Shoppe, only to get you started.

Talking about starters: As you seem quite new to the firearms business, a good address for familiarizing yourself with the matter would be The Muzzleloading Forum.

banner.jpg

"The floggings will continue until morale improves!"

capt,

hang it on da wall and try again lad, an welcome to the pub

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

wellll....ya could bring your "pretty" anyway...and when the badies start firing their boomers at ya...ya could throw your "pretty" really hard ...and run away.....

actually "stage" weapons as the one you have...ie non-firing....do have there place...'speacially when kiddies are concerned...or close contact duals...ya get the drop on someone...to close to safly shoot or aim a "firing' repro....or even for photogs...

but boyo...ifn ya really want to play.....get a boomer! B)

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg