Who's yer Johnny Depp?

Pew

I recently had an interesting discussion on vacation. Over several pints, we chatted about who would play "you", if there were to be a movie based on your life.

So with a twist, what actor or actresses would play the role of "you" while in your pirate persona?

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

I'm a thicker fellow. No model-thin actor could play me. Russell Crowe is about my height and mass. I like the way he played Lucky Jack, so I'd be flattered to be played by him. Apart from him, I couldn't say. I have been told I have Val Kilmer's nose, and so if he's reading here today, I want mine back and I'm willing to negotiate a trade.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Olivert Platt without a doubt. Same comedic timing, same court jester presence and just a tad bigger than I so I'd look svelt standing next to him at the interviews at the premiere.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

If I had an actress to choose to play me as my pirate persona I would choose either a young Goldie Hahn or Sandra Bullock. I am fun and free loving and both actresses could pull it off if they were playing me.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Hmm.... had this discussion before.

But... if it were an actress playing our character... the only people alive who I would like would either be Jane Seymour or Catherine Zeta-Jones.

But if it be ourselves.... bleedin' hell! I'd rather play m'self in a movie! :huh:

Or even as my own pirate persona.

~Lady B

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

In my persona as Captain P.E.W. stated, I'd have to say Donald Pleasance or Wilford Brimley.

In real life, Vince Vaughn would probably play me.

"Nothing more excellent nor more valuable than wine was ever granted mankind by God."

-Plato

SinnersNeedeNew.jpg

No question...

Maureen O'Hara :lol:

Fabulous choice. :lol:

For me it would have to be Vinnie Jones (Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels/ Snatch/ Eurotrip/ Gone in 60 Seconds)

THIS CABIN-LAD'S GROWN HAGGARD, SO IN THE POT HE GOES AND FROM HIS SKIN WE'LL MAKE A LITTLE DRUM TO BEAT AS WE FIRE HUMAN HEADS FROM CANNONS AT OUR FOES. AND SET THE SEAS ABLAZE WITH BURNING RUM.

For me it would have to be Vinnie Jones (Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels/ Snatch/ Eurotrip/ Gone in 60 Seconds)

Oh, he was great fun as the pirate captain in Mysterious Island!

I think the actress that could best portray me would be Drew Barrymore (although she'd have to dye her hair 'chestnut').

Or else Betty Boop:

pirate-boop.jpg

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

No question...

Maureen O'Hara  :lol:

Fabulous choice. :lol:

(chuckle) Approval is always appreciated lad.

Not so much for her Irish looks mind you but her fine Celtic temperment which so nicely mirrors m'own.

My Robert and I were always teased about our *John Wayne, Maureen O'Hara* relationship ( The Gods rest him sweetly...)

Hmmmmm.... would not trade the shortened years with him for a life time with anyone else.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

No question...

Maureen O'Hara  :ph34r:

Fabulous choice. :ph34r:

(chuckle) Approval is always appreciated lad.

Not so much for her Irish looks mind you but her fine Celtic temperment which so nicely mirrors m'own.

My Robert and I were always teased about our *John Wayne, Maureen O'Hara* relationship ( The Gods rest him sweetly...)

Hmmmmm.... would not trade the shortened years with him for a life time with anyone else.

Beautifully put. Thank you for sharing with us Bess.

I've always thought Ms. O'Hara and The Duke went well together. Especially in Big Jake.

THIS CABIN-LAD'S GROWN HAGGARD, SO IN THE POT HE GOES AND FROM HIS SKIN WE'LL MAKE A LITTLE DRUM TO BEAT AS WE FIRE HUMAN HEADS FROM CANNONS AT OUR FOES. AND SET THE SEAS ABLAZE WITH BURNING RUM.

Tyne's brother Tim with mustache a must. Daly's a bit too crisp to play me without it.

Alder.jpg

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Twain

I was goin' t' say Johnny Depp could play me. Were both 'bout the same size an build. Course he would have t' lose the dreads, eye liner, tattoos, gold teeth an eclectic wardrobe. And wot's wit' those boots (Size 12) of his; I wear a size 8.5 - 9.

Heck I guess I'll just hav t' settle fer Tobey or Topher playin' me, no matter how much Johnny protests.