Lego!

I recently ordered some Lego pirate toys to keep my brothers occupied when they visit (yes, they're older, woo is me ;) ) and today the postlady showed up at my door with this big box :)

I could just show you one picture, but my cat (the one some of you might remember wearing a miniature tricorn) decided he wanted in on the action :)

So without much further ado: lego pirate toys fun ^^

Merlijn inspecting the goods:

492277842_f768a3aee6.jpg

492277840_25dcb5bdbb_o.jpg

Merlijn going for the cutlass. Thankfully it was too big for him or he might have gone off with it. Yes, my cat often behaves like a dog (he can give paws and bring things back that you throw away, just like a doggie) ;)

492277834_8ac4436522_o.jpg

Merlijn stole one of the "bombs" as soon as I opened a package. Here he's pretending he never nicked it.

492277832_634db79009_o.jpg

With the toy bomb he stole, and he's not intending on giving it back (good thing I anticipated this and got some extra haha).

492277828_789f5874ab_o.jpg

Now onto some actual info on the toys :)

The cleaver and sword are made out of layers of foam rubber. I imagine they're very easy to make yourself. But for less than € 5 a sword you'll probably spend more on the materials if you make it yourself. The sword has a "gem" (plastic ruby) in the hilt which is a nice touch. They seem sturdy enough.

The small treasure chest is a money bank, which you can lock if you want to. Comes with two keys. It's made out of cardboard with some metal components (lock, hinges, and assorted).

And the bombs, well they're little mushy fabric balls with a "fuse" (bit of rope with a flame on it). They're actually a kind of spunge (according to the label made out of 100% polyurethane foam) covered in polyester of a quick drying variety. You can either play with them dry (stressball huzzah) or soak them in water and toss them at other people (needless to say, I'm not telling my brothers this, or I'll be mopping up my entire place!)

It's all fairly cheap, I got the entire lot for about € 45, shipping by DHL included :)

:blink: Cute cat!

But I'm confused...where are the legos?

I wish I could still buy pirate lego sets...where did you order this stuff?

Sea Captain: Yar, that be handsome pete, he dances on the pier for nickels!

Sea Captain: Arrr... you gave him a quarter, he'll be dancin all day.

:ph34r: Cute cat!

But I'm confused...where are the legos?

I wish I could still buy pirate lego sets...where did you order this stuff?

The stuff is actually by Lego :)

They no longer just make things you can build, they have apparel, toys etc now too :)

If you go to lego.com, and then to the shop and type in pirates, it'll give you all the search results :)

That's how I got my stuff ^^

They actually do have actual Lego in pirate, but only in the Duplo range for small children, and that's rather on the expensive side :blink:

But that should come up in the search results too.

Actually, with PotC 3 coming out, we can but hope that Lego will pick up on a PotC range. After all, they've got a Batman and Harry Potter range too (I *think* they have a Spiderman range as well, but I could be mistaken).

Mega Block has the POTC license. I bought the Black Pearl and it is really cool. I like the guys better than Legos as well. Plus you can use Lego blocks with Mega Blocks. Did I mention they are cheaper than Legos...

Pogue

Conceptual Simplicity, Structural Complexity, Achieves a Greater State of humanity.

Mega Block has the POTC license. I bought the Black Pearl and it is really cool. I like the guys better than Legos as well. Plus you can use Lego blocks with Mega Blocks. Did I mention they are cheaper than Legos...

Pogue

Ah I didn't know that :)

I did see Mega Block stuff in stores, and I thought it was just some other type of Duplo by another company. I don't own any of their stuff though.

Sounds like they're a serious competition for Lego then, because Lego can get stupidly expensive.

Thanks for sharing this bit of info Pogue :)