Pirates of the Caribbean games

http://disney.go.com/pirates/online/index.html: Disney seems to be jumping on the bandwagon of online games with this one.

I'm going to give it a miss in favour of Pirates of the Burning Sea though (mainly because that's the one most of my friends are going to play)

http://adisney.go.com/disneyinteractivestu...shus/index.html

The AWE game, I'm so going to play this on on PSP. It seems to only be released in Europe on PSP though, because PSP is mentioned on the UK site, but not on the US one (should it for some reason not come out on PSP then I think I'll give it a miss, I prefer handheld consoles and I'm not a DS fan).

So whom else is going to play any of these games? And on which console?

Those of us who attended the Ultimate POTC Fan event got a free beta version of this game. Beta = Bugs galore. I tried logging on and couldn't get on. I know they have been doing quite a few stress tests on it lately, but I really haven't had the time to test it again. However, I did get a cool limited edition lithograph from the game for attending the event. I was going to donate to my son's school for their auction, but dh said "no way". I'm not much of a gamer, so it doesn't fit in with my other collectibles.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

HEHEHE! No kidding. The online game has JUST a little trouble eh?

I've worked in the game industry for 12 years and have shipped 6 major titles. We've always turned games around in about a year and a half.

This one has been pushed back a few times I think and it's STILL having issues. I REALLY want it to be a good one.

Has anyone played the free downloadable "Desktop Galleon"?

It's a lot of fun if you have a decent machine and graphics card. Now it THAT game had a little more to it and you could play with others online....

I'm going to give it a miss in favour of Pirates of the Burning Sea though (mainly because that's the one most of my friends are going to play)

If POTBS continues the way it did for the last three years, it'll be at least another four years till it is released.

banner.jpg

"The floggings will continue until morale improves!"