1686-1697 War

Couldn't anybody help with the information about the war of 1686-1697 (King William's War) in the Caribbean region? I've read only about the attack of the British privateers on Marie Galante in December 1689 in which Kidd took place. Are there any web sources which provides more information?

For an example of some of the stuff that was going on, check here:

http://innanen.com/montserrat/history/1690-1700.shtml

Montserrat is the only country other than Ireland in which St. Patrick's day is an official holiday...I have a funny story about Montserrat, which I'll write up some time...

Basically, the war in the Caribbean area during this period seems to have involved a lot of raids on relatively unprotected island colonies. The numbers of people and troops were small by warfare standards, and the whole thing was kind of a sideshow to the bigger stuff going on up North, but you know, I'm sure it was a big deal to the residents of the islands.

Most of the goings-on were, and are, obscure enough to warrant a trip to a good library for a decent book on the general history of the various islands.

Pauly caught a bullet

But it only hit his leg

Well it should have been a better shot

And got him in the head

They were all in love with dyin'

They were drinking from a fountain

That was pouring like an avalanche

Coming down the mountain

Butthole Surfers,

PEPPER

Couldn't anybody help with the information about the war of 1686-1697 (King William's War) in the Caribbean region? I've read only about the attack of the British privateers on Marie Galante in December 1689 in which Kidd took place. Are there any web sources which provides more information?

I know a guy who has written a rather nice little article on British regulars in America during our era. I asked permission to put it on my site. He agreed. Look for it there in the next couple of days.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.