• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, lads :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

BOOKS GO OUT BY NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, JULY 6TH

NO SLACKERS THIS TIME - YOU HANG UP EVERYONE! :rolleyes:

Boots, Silkie's book is on it's way.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

WOAH! Pirates come on! We can do better than this ...Ransom ...Maybe we should move it to monthly. NO ONE seems to be able to get a move on.

Half of us seem to be unable to meet deadlines! Come on ...we can do better!

Mine will be out in the morning come hell or high water! Or incomplete pages.

Okay, I PMed this to P.E.W., but will post it here.

IF YOU HAVEN'T RECIEVED A BOOK BY FOUR DAYS AFTER THE MAIL DATE, DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT ROUND IS DUE TO LET PEOPLE KNOW YOU DON'T HAVE THEIR BOOK!!!!

Common sense, people. PM the person who's supposed to send you the book and find out what the hang up is. I've given a heads-up several days before each mailing date is due, to remind everyone that the mail date is coming up, BUT I CAN'T BABY SIT EVERYONE. I told everyone from the beginning it would take a commitment - if you don't want to commit and get the books out on time, then drop out now. It's just not fair for those of us who make the effort to mail stuff on time. Especially when there were at least three other people who wanted to play but were too late to join in.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Geeze guys this is starting to sound like work... ;);)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

;););)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Okay, Boots and Patrick, when you finish the books you have, hang on to them. Lady B is behind and currently has her book, Patrick's and Boot's - all unfinished. Until she gets them going, or drops out, P.E.W, Silkie and I are dead in the water.

She says she still wants to do them, but I have no ETA. Sorry, guys. It only takes one. :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I think we should just send them all out at the first of the month....

I was drawing in yours (False Ransom's) and I realized that to get it out on time, I'd have to mail it off tommarrow..... and I still wanna add more drawings.....

I think once a month gives us enough time to mail them, and take our time on each one.....

Okay, we'll bump it to once a month. Next jump will be Aug. 1st.

I still don't have P.E.W.s book, but will probably get it today, since I know Silkie has mailed it.

BTW, Patrick, I pretty much go by just Ransom these days. The "False" seemed like a good idea at the time, and I had a back-up story to explain it, but it seems a bit silly now. ;)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Got P.E.W.s book today. Pretty cool. This is the fun part, seeing what different things each artist has put in each book.

:lol::lol: The "False" part of the name had someting to do with my father paying a ransom demand in false coin. The person holding me for ransom gave me the name as a form of mockery while holding me captive on a pirate ship - where I learned my trade. Like I said, it sounded good at the time, but had I to do it over again, I would leave the False out, which I pretty much do now. Eventually I'll ask the Mods to remove it, if they can.

Got a PM from Lady B, who says two books should go out tomorrow. :huh: Thanks, Lady B!!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

As soon as I get anything I'll work on it pronto.

So this book I'll be recieving needs to go out on August 1? Correct?

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

That's correct. It seems two weeks just wasn't enough time for eveyone to do the kind of job they wanted. I got your book, P.E.W., and love the way you bound the book with hemp twine! Very kewl.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

::Pants; making it onto the thread; rubs nose too, whimpering::: Ok.. I have a break this week so this means I can finish up with Boots' sketchbook. Yes, Boots, you best enjoy it. :) I doodled up a nice scene for ya. A quick one, but took some time.

Otherwise, Patrick's is on it's way to PEW... and mine is going to be mailed off soon enough, too. Delayed as I have another issue to deal with (I'm just surrounded by trouble!).

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Thanks for the update, LadyB. Also, hope your nose is feeling better! Been there, done that. Ow!!!

I have P.E.W.'s book done and ready to mail, so I think I'm going to go ahead and mail it to you, Boots. A bit early, but we are scheduled to have carpeting put down in the computer/craft room, and we will need to pull eveything out of that room. I may be off line for a day or two, and the place will be a mess, so I don't want to risk losing P.E.W.s book in the chaos.

So, P.E.W.'s book will go out to Boots on Wednesday. The rest of you have another week to finish up what you're working on.

R

RAKEHELL-1.jpg