Pirate Master! So, you want to be a Pyrate!

Cheeky Actress

You can buy those coins alot of places online. They are molded from spanish coins. Places like DeadMenTellNoTales and DavyJonesLocker might have them.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

You can buy those coins alot of places online. They are molded from spanish coins. Places like DeadMenTellNoTales and DavyJonesLocker might have them.

So then there really is nothing special about them?

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

Not really. As Mr. Hand (I think) pointed out in a thread in Plunder, you can get them here.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to watching an episode of this last night. And since I'm not much of a fan of the "Survivor" game format, I was actually rather surprised that I enjoyed this show.

I would have like to have seen more about the actual sailing of the ship, though. (Do the pirates do that themselves IRL? Or is there an unseen crew who take care of the actual sailing? Or do they just sit moored off that island forever?)

Joe Don is kinda cute. But sorta whiney too.

Anyhow, I'll watch it again if I remember.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

This har show makes me laugh, it does, it does.

Fer more detailed information about that thar show try this link:

Pirate Master

Thar be a question about them thar coins, well har be the link to the company that makes them:

Coins

-Greydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Hester, I have been watching it from the start...so far I like it. They do have the Castle Picton's crew sailing the ship, they just make sure they aren't in the footage. They do make the Pirate Master crew do some stuff around the ship but the main task of sailing is left to the the real crew. Yes it would be nice to see more of the ship, but there's a lot to cram into that 1 hour less commercial breaks. At least when they go on their little pirate adventures they have it at least themed up to be piratey. I like the idea of them carrying those heavy ropes last night and the rope bridge.

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

So many people eligible to be voted off last night. I've been waiting for joy and kendra to be put back on the spot because they're both practically useless in a challenge. Joy is supposed to be this real fit runner, and that turns out to be her biggest weakness. Kendra has trouble swimming, although she did get to the beach in moderate time last night. and there was a great need to mutiny to break up that triumverate. joe don was fine. im glad that joy is gone, but i'm surprised there were no mutiny cards. Azmyth has almost unknowingly set up a nigh unstoppable captainship.

I agree with ye about mutiny. The crew of ladies not be realizin that they be hangin seperate because they not be hangin together. Plus, that thar Cap'n done changed the split he did, he did. Many a crew be gettin rid of thar Cap'n simply fer be a doin what he did, that they would.

-Greydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Joe Don ney keeps his word about his confidence in not needing the

letter of absolution./imunity ~ wot ever ya call it.. First he said he not need it and he was correct but his lack of confidence cost 'emm wot~ 12 grand? Harr Harr indeed!...

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

...that's because friggin Louie was setting them all ablaze for the first few episodes to mutiny and send him adrift with all of his hate....but last week he supposedly made up with Joe Don. I still like Joe Don the best.

Lady Alyx

Aye...but now Joe Don be thinkin' wit' his wee cutlass rather than his pirate heart.

Which'd be fine fer a quick stop but what pirate worries that said wench conquest does na like his 'long' hair....?

:ph34r:

(Aye then....fer th' record Joe Don....ye ain't got long hair....)

He bes' focus on that horizon.....fer I be thinkin' his 'mighty sword' ain't gonna hold up in th' long run o' it. They ne'er do.

Ah, th' shipboard romance....how cliche. He fell pretty quick fer it.

An' Louie? He jus' be lookin' sadder an' sadder......

Poor Louie.....

An' what piratical consensus sent Louie up a tree, ana-way?????

I thinks th' underestimated one be that blonde stay-at-home Mum.

She's some guts aboot her.

Though I can na imagine goin' on a raid in a bikini......

Aye then....wouldn't th' fun o' bein' on a pirate ship be gettin' t' dress like a pirate...?

I still like watchin' it though.....it be better'n naught.

But, oh....what we all could'a done wit' it...........

Submitted, IMHO....

~Foxmorton

www.mimifoxmorton.blogspot.com

Don't know if anyone else noticed, but I sure did.

The gals were originally wearing their own bikinis. Now they are all wearing similar black suits that cover more. Guess the filmy cover up the camera was using to cover parts of bodies that weren't acceptable for family viewing wasn't working too well. :lol:

This be in a new time slot startin this har week. Tuesdays at 10 pm fer me. Be checkin yer local listin's.

-Greydog

Yes and I thought last week was going to show the bit about Joe Don and a girly.....but I guess that is tonight...def watching even if it is now on at 10:00.

Friggin networks, why can't they just leave a program on at a certain night and certain time and ferget about it....geez instead of having the watching public chase it all over the place..GEEEZUS!

Episodes 7 through 13 are still to go..tonight is Epi 7.

Lady Alyx

In Raids Black Hearted Pearl posted....

From what I understand of the 19 page contract, it's a lifetime gag order unless specifically orchestrated through Mark Burnett's production company. Hence, why so many 'real' pirate re-eactors declined to participate.

Dang.... makes me glad I didn't get picked for th' show.........

I liked Joe Don, for some reason I feel he may have learned the error of his ways, I would like to have seen him have a second chance. They all are starting to hate Az, with his all of a sudden brit accent...lol! :lol:

It's going to be very interesting next week.....the women if they were smart need to start getting it together, cause let's face it...a majority of men will never vote in a woman!

Lady Alyx

Realizing that we don't know how the rules will change next week, under the current system Az and buds have it in the bag - the best bet for the others would have been for the ladies on black team to have sabotaged the black team's efforts this past week and let red elect a new captain.

Now, the deck is pretty stacked. Do we begrudge Az for being something of an ass, or praise him for being the only contestant to demonstrate any real strategy?

Lambs to the slaughter at this point - except, of course, for the "twist" they indicate is coming.

I dispised Joe Don as captain, but I agree that he seemed to grow into himself as an underling.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

It was sad to see Joe Don go. So much is wrong with it. They really did need him to break up the Triplets. Jupiter did what we thought she never would, use the situation to her advantage. She always seemed so nice. Kendra is just a horrible betrayer. She realizes her many shortcomings and knows shes about to get voted off, so she takes out insurance like a coward, and now theres no chance of a mutiny. Joe Don made a terrible mistake in only comparing himself to Louie and not calling for mutiny. If he made a really good argument for it, maybe Jupiter would have switched sides. And when it failed, that not everyone votes mutiny, they confront Jupiter and she says "No I was on your side". Then they realize that they have a snake in the grass and search. Kendra is severely disgraced and banished. Yay.