Pirate Master! So, you want to be a Pyrate!

Cheeky Actress

So it's basically Survivor with a theme....

What they need are some real folks to run in, storm their camps, steal their food, hack em to pieces.. with the occasional shot from pistol or buss, for good measure...

blah blah Aaargh! Mateys!!

Oh that's great...Cut! Print!That's a wrap!!

:(

BTW: love your new pic, my dear!! And your green coat looks wonderful

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Avast ! There probably won't be any acts of piracy to even qualify them as pirates! So They're Pyrates instead treading mud and such, rather than sacking the nearest town or hijacking 'nother ship ifen they even sail their own! Perhaps the creators are using the term "pirate" to loosely just to get attention... B) Eye will still watch the first commercial ridden B) episode and go from there.... eye wonder ifen there will be any mention of grog/rum... B)

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

I sent in an application to be on that show...

They just didn't pick me...

I'm guessing that it will be like the other Survivor shows... whoever is the best backstabber wins...

But I wanted to talk everyone on the team I ended up on, to sign "articles" and play the game a bit different than what the producers wanted.... More Pyrate like.... Instead of one person winning all the money, everyone on the team would get an equal share of the loot... We wouldn't have to "sell ourselves out" for entertainment value or backstab other team members, or Vote someone off because they were "Too Good"...we would work together so "Our Team" won... We would all get money... And we would have done it with some honor and dignity (and some good Pyratical style)

Would you want to work on a project with one of the past winners of Survivor? The one you saw screw everyone...

I don't know if the TV Watching Public is ready to see a group work together for a common goal, and win by doing so (Kinda like what Pyrates did...) Maybe they identify with the backstabbers too much... But I was going to see if I could get a group of people to change that...

Would have been interesting........

• 4 weeks later...

Hoo boy, not another rehashed "Survivor" episode...

Perhaps they should put the cast to work learning period skills and APPLYING those skills towards the final goal, instead of repeating the same boring genre.

Yours, Mike

Try these for starters- "A General History of the Pyrates" edited by Manuel Schonhorn, "Captured by Pirates" by John Richard Stephens, and "The Buccaneers of America" by Alexander Exquemelin.

Probably because it would not be too exciting for the majority of the audience.

It's bad enough watching survivors trying to start fires.

Might be fun to participate in but probably not such great tv. :huh:

Also Survivor is one of the most successful shows ever. They don't like to mess with success. At least it's the same producers and not a total cheap rip off.

With any luck they will come up with unique tests and not the same puzzle s and obsacle courses

I figure it will be more of the same crap... the best backstabber wins.... the idiot public loves that stuff.... makes them feel better......

But would you want to work with the winner (and biggest backstabber of all?)

Maybe I should not have writtin about that in my application......

I wanted to "change" the game... play it more Pyrate like.... we sign articles.... we work together as a team.... our team wins... we all get a share of the loot....

Exactly why Pyrates were sucessfull and interestingly enough... working together is why America once was the strongest country in the world.... This looking out for "Number One".... back stabbing.... etc.... when it becomes intertainment and a role model..... It isn't Clinton or Bush... it's bread and Circus.... keep the idiots happy... the fall of the American Enpire.... thanks to brainless tv.... yhaa!

Awh heck...... Sometimes I get just to dang Pollyannaish about things..... I think things should and can be better....

Guess that is why I do not have a TV.... nothing worth watching anyway.....

and now back ter me rum....... at least that I can understand.... (and it dosen't stab me in the back if I play fair with it........)

Patrick,

I actually like your idea but Ace is correct, not for broadcast TV. However, I think it would be great as one of those living history shows they do on public television. I've seen an Irish tribe, a family in Victorian England, North American homesteaders and more ...I think Pirates would be great! Problem would be finding a merchant vessel willing to let us to plunder! :lol:

;) That's a fantastic idea Patrick! I'm saddened that you weren't chosen. I have never watched a single 'Survivor' episode through. After 15 minutes of it, I was sickened and turned back to the History channel...

Still, your idea to 'buck the system' and work together to win, is exactly the pirate spirit in my estimation. Pirates may have been lawless thugs, but they knew how to work together for a common goal. And if you had succeeded, you would have figuratively "looted" the producers, who are in dire need of a pirate trial if anyone ever was.

It's funny how things change, and yet stay the same. The producers of the 21st century or the upper class(royalty) of the 17 and 18th centuries...It's all the same. It would have been really special to see someone take them down a notch, like only pirates of yesteryear could.

Sea Captain: Yar, that be handsome pete, he dances on the pier for nickels!

Sea Captain: Arrr... you gave him a quarter, he'll be dancin all day.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the first episode. And, like all reality shows, they boted off the only fellow with any wits. Since I don't like to watch a battle of dullards, I probably won't watch it much longer.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

The Picton Castle looks great dressed as a pirate ship....my favorite part is the smoke stack! It's like a hybrid Tug boat slash Tall ship...

I can hear the Captain..."Get the sails to the yards!! All Hands! Stretch forwards your main Hailyards, hoist your sails half mast high, bring your cable to the capstern! Heave a head, belay look fast your anchor and......you know what? Never mind, just throw some gas in that engine and lets get that smoke stack blowing!"

The show would be more entertaining with Patrick Hand on it! ; )

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

Eye was right ...nearly 20 minutes of commercials in 1 hour show!

The word mutiny is being misused because ifen a captain be replaced thru a vote, that is democracy! Mutiny is taking authority of a ship by force!

Nontheless eye was somewhat entertained by the "captians" arrogance, though He should have picked the two hottiest of the wenches for first officers

to share the Captains Quarters.

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

As for me, I saw only two "pirates" in the show. The first guy "John" who was immediately voted off (although he was a bit "too pretty" and looked like a cover model for those romance books). The second, who I am rooting for is "Louie" the fishing dock operator. I had no clue what these people were thinking when they voted for that one guy to be "Captain". In all reality, John got his black team to win.

signature4.jpg]

As for me, I saw only two "pirates" in the show. The first guy "John" who was immediately voted off (although he was a bit "too pretty" and looked like a cover model for those romance books). The second, who I am rooting for is "Louie" the fishing dock operator. I had no clue what these people were thinking when they voted for that one guy to be "Captain". In all reality, John got his black team to win.

Exactly! Both of those guys were up for removal - I think because they were too good, and the trend on these shows is to eliminate the competent early. Those are the only too guys I would trust to be able to get things done.

I can't believe that JD won them over with those boy scout tricks. Even the hardiest old salt NEEDS A COMPASS. Measuring the differences between shadows isn't so helpful when you're drifting.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Well pirate ships may not have had gals in bikinis swabbing the decks, but I thought it was amusing.

As for the guy that got axed, his arrogance was his downfall. Taking compasses wasn't cool, so he got his just reward for it. Sending him adrift on a small piece of wood with a lantern was great.

The guy acting as Captain: Isn't it funny when we put on our own pirate garb we fall into character? Ok, well some do, and this guy has. I am also glad the coats given to the Captain and his two head members, were not fancy dandy stuff, but more like it would have been, tattered and worn.

My only real complaint is the show is slow and not very exciting. But I'll continue to watch just to see what happens and how this show plays out. That of course will determine whether or not it will return.

Taking the compass is just what I would have done. That right there, more than the three key padlock and the crocodile lair, indicated that this guy was a problem solver. Taking the compasses was the coolest part of the show!

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

The show is abyssmally awful. Brand new reality show and they couldn't even shoot it in HD! Shows how much confidence they have in it. This one will be over in less than 2 months for sure.

Parts of it are fun, but it smacks of "what can we do with this reject list from Survivor and Big Brother?"

newbannersigtar0db.gif

I only got to watch the first 10 or 15 minutes before I had to head off to take care of some business. I did get to see their race to shore, and was amazed that these idiots couldn't even figure out how to row together on the same stroke! Jeez!!

:lol: