"Mythbusters"

Lady Alyx

I just caught that myself the other day.

It was interesting, but like many of the MB episodes it leaves some things unexplained...the foremost being, just because THEY can't do it doesn't mean it couldn't have been done.

(calms down and remembers it's just TV, it's just entertainment, it's just...)

I mentioned it to my son, who along with his friend are experimenting with more and more powerful potato guns - his eyes lit up like a 5-year-old on Christmas morn, so I guess there's SOME good to come out of it <_<

I especially liked the hand-carved cannonball!

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

Granite.

He stood there with a cold chisel and hammer, and carved that puppy out of a single solid cube of granite.

They didn't quite say how long that took - probably not much longer than drilling out the log by hand LOL!

Aye, potato guns - my son and his friend are the school brains, so they've developed some evil genius things for the guns - cyalume sticks stuck in the end of the potatoes for night-firing practice; achieving better formulations of propellants (hair spray, ethanol, etc.); new electronic ignitors...they've turned it into a quest, they have :blink:

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

i didn't catch that episode.. but i find those guys and gals oddly amusing.. hey it's a show and entertainment... i do like they fact that they blow stuff up all the time though... :blink::D:D;);)

~QM Seika Hellbound~

We ain't no stinking Parrots!!!"

piratepenguins.gif

• 3 weeks later...