Happy April Fools' Day!

Aye tis a grand day in particular to be a grinning fool :lol:

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

:lol:

you two are either really cool, or very strange. I can't decide which.

We didn't have any pranks today mostly thanks to the little swabs impatience. She took a pranks class at art camp last week & simply couldn't save them until today. Instead each night I was regaled with fake spilled ice cream cones, paper snakes in pringles cans, mini boxes of cereal with fake bugs & the infamous quarter super glued to the sidewalk.

Of course I was just as bad as a kid. Guess this is what my mom meant by "I hope you get a kid just like you"

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Yeah, today was good. Went up to Disneyland, my 2nd home, lol! :lol:

And yes, it was very crowded, but the weather was really nice. It was nice just walking around, enjoying the weather, riding Pirates, the Jungle Cruise and relaxing with a dole float in the Tiki Room. Some Cast Members made some April's Fools jokes here and there. It was also a lot of fun to do something I've always wanted to do, but never got around to doing it: playing games with the Mad Hatter and Alice in Wonderland. Anyone familiar with the Disney parks knows those 2 character run around the park together and just play. They go beyond just regular picture taking with the guests. We sat on the ground nearby the Matterhorn and played charades.....er, as the Mad Hatter called it, cha-ray-dees. :lol: So, yeah, it was a good day.....better than last year when my great uncle passed away on this date. :( I'm sure he'd be happy to know we spent the day laughing and not crying for his loss.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Maeve's April Fools Cake...

...meat.

IMG_0017.jpg

With mashed potato frosting.

IMG_0019.jpg

Say, that looks pretty good (and it also looks like more than a little work.) Of course, I don't eat meat anymore, but meatloaf is one of things you just sort of remember well. (So is corned beef. But that was another holiday...)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Hey, great "cake"! I could never be that creative. All I really managed to do yesterday was make my younger brother believe it was NOT April Fool's Day. Which was actually quite entertaining for awhile.

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear, and life stands explained." --Mark Twain