Battlestar Galactica

blackjohn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[bTW, "bastages" is from the pretty entertaining movie Johnny Dangerously - the first show I'm aware of to play with disguised swear words. ["You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves." -Roman Moroni <_< ]

This is sort of OT, but what the hey...

I saw this on Rotten Tomatoes site discussing the DVD release of the movie Hot Fuzz (which I haven't seen, but it's definitely on my DVD list):

Among the more unique DVD extras is a feature called "Hot Funk" -- a collection of all the swear word replacements recorded for the television-friendly version.

"I always thought that the TV versions of '80s action films like Lethal Weapon and Die Hard and RoboCop were amazing in terms of like so many things they've given us like 'melon farmer,' 'muddy funkster,' you know, 'forget you!' [Edgar] Wright explained. "We wanted to kind of come up with some good ones, so we've got 'funk,' 'silt,' 'Mother Hubbard,' 'peas and rice'…we had a lot of fun doing the TV safe version. And also to replace the 'C' word we got to take, from The Nutty Professor the word 'Klump.' That's a good sort of like dialogue replacement as well."

Knowing those guys, that may be even funnier than the real movie. <_<

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Well after much prompting from many sides I borrowed season one from a friend of mine.

Popped in the disk for an episode around 11:00pm and stayed up all night watching the whole damn thing. Good thing I don't have a job right now. :D

Right, the first bunch of episodes were like that. Very gripping. I'm having a bit of a harder time getting into season three, but maybe it has something to do with format? I've found, that if a show is available on dvd, as opposed to recording it on the hard drive, I'm much more likely to watch it.

And... I'm also trying to catch up on Lost... and Rome season two just came out today!!!

:D:D:D

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

I too didn't find season three as entrancing. It seemed to be more a rut for all the characters, everyone progressing along their path rather than discovering it. Or very much the middle of the story setting up for the ending.

OT

Hot Fuzz is awesome.

When they find earth, to their surprise they will discover that earth actually is more advanced than the Colonies. That it has formed a United Federation of Planets. At which point Star Fleet will blow the Cylon's out of the water (in a manner of speaking.)

Then just as the Cylon's are near defeat an ominious planet size device will appear that can destory whole planets with a single shot. Its only after the Robot warns Will Robinson of the vulnerabilites of this "Death Star" that he contact's Buck Rodgers. Buck then flies a suicide mission with COL Deering to get this information back to a part of earth's moon that was blown into space after a nuclear accidnet in 1999. On Moon Base Alpha there is a data up link to Babalyon 5. On Babalyon 5 they shuttle down to a near-by planet. On the planet via a Stargate the USAF in Colorado, USA becomes informed. They then contact the FBI. The FBI then sends the X-Files team to the Battlestar Galactica story room and have the whole Death Star Story arch taken out of the script in the nick of time just barely avoiding a copyright infringment law suit from George Lucas.

Aye, they get told to stop pyrating story lines!

:D

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

OT

Hot Fuzz is awesome.

You are the third person whose opinion I trust on these sorts of things to say that. I'm off to put it in the rental queue!

:rolleyes:

Exactly. I didn't notice this one until it was too late to see it in the theatres.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

Funny is funny. (Even if it tasks me awhile to attune myself.)

• 1 year later...