Disney Sword rack?

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/li...isneySwords.jpg

Hopefully if I followed the instructions properly, there should be a picture of the Sword Rack in the Fortress at Pirates of the Carribbean in Walt Disney World Florida. I ask, how well did they do? would these be a proper cutlass for the period? did Disney make these in shop, or do you think they modified something that is available out there in the market? and if so, who do you think the supplier might be?

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

the rack looks to be something a set designer had made ...the swords have the appearance of the british 1803 model admirlty issue cutlass ....there are better period cutlasses about and normally the edges of the blades would be placed so that anyone passing by wouldn't wack against the sharpened edges :o

DisneySwords.jpg

I'm guessing that the art dept designed the rack with the flat edge of the blades facing

the patrons so that children of all ages would have a better view of the decorative cutlasses.

-CS

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

I just think it's kinda funny.... Disney..... and authentic ....... :lol:

Aye, not two words that one would normally expect to find linked! :lol: But then, we'd be in error if we automatically dismissed something as unauthentic, just because it WAS Disney. :)

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

• 3 weeks later...

What? Only Disney had the wherewithal to show us authentic pirate skeletons playing chess! (Actually, if it weren't for Disney, I may never would have been interested in Pirates at all.)

skeleton%20chess%20left.jpg

(Thanks to Captain Sophia for that photo.)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

• 2 weeks later...