You star wars freaks are gonna love this!

Sorry if you have seen it before, but this is the kind of thing that shoots coffee out my nose.

http://www.break.com/index/drunk_jed_trail...iler_trash.html

Greg

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Those are nothing compared to what the 501st guys (the Stormtroopers) post on the main board.

The Elvis Trooper is my friend Kenny and the Jack Sparrow is Toby from Chicago. Toby has probably one of the best Capt Jack Sparrow costumes I've ever seen. I can't name all the guys in the Color Guard for the Rose Parade, but I know about 1/3 of them personally.

Here are some of the "clean" pictures from my local group's photo album:

International Child Abuse Network Bowling Event

35ican.jpg

City of Hope Child Cancer Survivor Picnic

cityofhope_train.jpg

Free Comic Book Day Event

freecomicday.JPG

And my personal favorite..... Obi-Wan immediately after Order 66:

obi_sorrows.jpg

As you can see, we have a lot of fun. ;)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

He probably could push the ball down the lane if his operator let him.

We did an evening charity ball earlier in February and while we were having our dinner in the staff area, R2 was rolling around with his lights flashing and playing the "Electric Light Parade" theme on his built-in CD player. ;)

He's one of the best remote-controlled R2s around. He's even been blessed by LucasFilm master droid wrangler, Don Bies.

hook_banner2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Here's some more fun stuff:

Teaser trailer:

USPS Teaser Trailer

I saw a standee with R2 and 3PO in the local USPS...they aren't giving it up, though. 3PO is still my favorite character from the series, no matter how negative and effeminate he is.

"Take the Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!" Professor. *snicker*

Hey, Captain Grey, have you seen those SW Unleashed Shadow Stormtrooper figures? Wicked cool...

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/ha...ws20061212.html

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, well, well. Hasbro is finally going to release the last figure I wanted them to release when I was a kid! (well, it was Kenner at the time, not Hasbro - Hasbro bought Kenner out.) CZ-3 is scheduled for release with the new 30th Anniversary figures.

http://www.toywiz.com/swsaga07s4clown.html

http://www.xiii.dk/ccccd/Droids/_DroidsHCR.htm

Actually, I wanted CZ-OR6 who is seen in the Jawa Sandcrawler, but the CZ-3 droid is the same model (and, most likely the same suit - the original SW had this fairly tight budget...) CZ-3 is seen in the streets of Mos Eisley (or is that CZ-1? Who can tell?) and apparently in Jabba's Palace. I always liked CZ-OR6 because it had a distinct skeletal look in the pictures I had of it at in the 70s. (See, there is this theme in my life...)

I was a great one for generating lists of figure that Kenner should release. I also wanted things like the silver C-3PO (now called U-3PO) who is seen in the very beginning of ANH, more R2 units and, the holy grail, the cantina band. When I was a kid, I actually got about 200 people to sign petitions to get them to release the Cantina band. I dutifully sent it into Kenner and they dutifully sent me a form letter. They never did release them. (Until the new series, that is. The band was originally released as an Entertainment Earth exclusive set, but you can now get them as an exclusive set at Wal~Mart.)

I suppose (once I procure one), this will close a once important chapter in my life. Funny thing, that. :rolleyes:

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

Ahhh, Lady Alyx., your posted picture of the squirrels was way too cute....I enjoyed it immensely. Thanks for the Smile.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

I think there's still a petition floating around for "Ice Cream Maker Guy"; the dude running through Cloud City with the ice cream maker tucked under his arm in "Empire Strikes Back".

Here's a link to some SW toys that were never released:

Unreleased Star Wars Toys

And for the record, the Star Wars Celebration IV convention in Los Angeles over Memorial Day Weekend was disappointing. Very little homage to the original film and very little to see/do. All the ideas/help offered by local science fiction convention planners were given a "Thanks, but no thanks" from LucasFilm and GenCon. Very sad.

hook_banner2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Mad Jack,

That CAT (He/She is HUGE) isn't one of your's his it?

What's the cat nibbling on?  Catnip?

Nope, not mine. I got the picture from "I Can Has Cheezburger". :angry:

And that kitty can (and apparently does) nibble on anything it wants to.

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

OMG, that site has soooo many great pics on it. :lol:

I'm surprised no one in my Star Wars groups has posted this. They've found a ton of Star Wars-related pics. :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

• 2 months later...
:rolleyes:This was on the cover of either Cracked Magazine or Crazy Magazine (both of which are now gone) at one time. Now it is reality.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright