Oscar for PotC DMC

LadyBarbossa

Huzzah!

I have to admit...I was SO crossing my fingers, mates! Tough competition this year. But the crew who worked on DMC SOOO deserved that Oscar for their incredible work. Absolutely amazing. I would have been VERY, VERY disappointed if they didn't win (and someone would have had to smack some folks around at the Acedemy).

But... the luck of the Pirate wins and DMC got a VERY well deserved Oscar!

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Whoo Hoo!

Yeah, we are all pretty happy for the guys.... but least we forget there was a LIVE actor under all that computer hoo-ha and his performance was at the core and heart (sorry) of it.

Without Bill Nighy's initial talents they would have had nothing to work with.

It turned out to be a happy joint effort that was recognized and we are thirlled for all of them!

And with even more amazing things to come in May!! They ain't seen noth'n yet! :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Amen, Bess!

Aye... Nighy did get recognition by the gents. :)

The whole of DMC was spectacular... not just Davy Jones. Eventhought with Jones... Ya swear that it's almost impossible to tell if that was CGI or makeup! Even down to the eyes! Had me utterly fooled! Cause even in Lord of the Rings... that saga had NOTHING on DMC! Even with the undead pirates, I was stunned that LotR beat the 1st PotC cause even the 1st one had better FX than LotR.

So... this was so VERY well deserved!

Looking forward to AWE! :) I don't care if it is mostly CGI.. it's awesome! Course, Transformers will be mostly CGI, too. Most films nowadays are CGI. But... it's interesting how you can tell what's real... and what's not. Again, with practically every film you can see the fakeness in the CGI. But with DMC... I tell ya... Davy Jones... looked as real as real could ever be!!!

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I stopped watching the Oscars when Steven Speilberg was purposely passed over for the Best Director in "The Color Purple". They still considered him a horror director and wouldn't even consider him a contender.

He won the Golden Globe for Best Direction which is usually an indication of an Oscar win.

Like anything, it's politics. ;)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

I still find it sucky tho that DMC only won 1 award. This is why I'm not a big fan of the Oscars. They usually pick artsy fartsy movies, a lot of the time ones that hardly anyone saw.

I completely agree with ya there Christine! But to be an entry ya only need to be advertised and exploited for at least a 7 day run in a Lost Angeles theater from 12:01am Jan thru 11:59pm December of the judging year. There's a few other requirements, but that's pretty much the major one to be considered. So we'll continue to see the films nominated that only a select few have seen.

As for the crew at DMC winning...I couldn't be happier. There's so many movies when you can see what's CGI and what isn't. It just doesn't look right for some reason. DMC was amazing in that you couldn't tell where the line of CGI and reality was. Kudos to them and can't wait to see what they come up with AWE!