Pirates for game...

Redd Oktober

Greetin's all. Let me explain myself.

I work for a game developer in Northern California. We are in the earliest stages of proposing a video game for the DVD market. This would be a mixture of live action and CGI.

Guess who's in charge of the first proposal? Guess what the theme of the game is?

You GUESSED RIGHT! :lol:

Here's me question...how many of you would be interested in appearing in a game (as actors)? How many would be willing to be costume makers or prop suppliers? Set builders (if yer a Nor Cal local)?...You get the point.

I'm sorry, I can't go into too much detail right now...but I needed to see if there was an interest among my pyratical brethren.

More information will be posted as soon as I am allowed to give it.

-Redd :lol:

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tis in the southern cali area, but might be able to assist a bit....

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Oooh, beta testing. Unfortunately they don't let me out much, so any more than playing a game and makin' suggestions wouldn't be possible. However, I'd love t' do whate'er I can.

Coastie :lol:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

DAMN!

that sounds fun...but I live too far away ta be of much help...

:lol:

if there's anything I can do from oregon,ya know how ta reach me.

:)

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

I'd be willing to apear as well as build sets. Dobe both for Independent films.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Here's me question...how many of you would be interested in appearing in a game (as actors)? How many would be willing to be costume makers or prop suppliers? Set builders (if yer a Nor Cal local)?...You get the point.

My garb sucks at the moment, but I am SO THERE if you need an extra. And I'm reasonably local! If I had other skills, I'd offer 'em, but unless you need artwork, and hell, you can do that and so can yer company, I think my only use would be to stand around and look pretty. :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

ALRIGHT! I be back! Tis been a while since ol' Redd has been posting infermation upon this subject...but I'll give ye an update!

First..the game is still in the works, so please keep yer ears open fer the latest!

I'm in negotiations currently (kinda playin' the role of writer, designer, producer at the moment), but they (the plans) could move ahead very rapidly, as my company would like to get the first game of this kind out mid-summer next year...but that's all up ter the swabs holdin' the doubloons!

Anything else can't be said at this moment...top secret, and VERY BIG...so I'll be around if ye have any questions or suggestions!

Keep yer salty chins up!

-Redd :ph34r:

REDD.jpg

I'm not far from No. Cali, keep me posted! I've not been cast in anything fer a while, so I'm free (How could a lusty, full-bodied wench like me get cast in a quiet, pensive piece wi' lots of pauses? But it's happened before! *mystified*)

:ph34r:

Saucy Kate

I may live in Texas, but would be interested in participating in this. I've done some acting recently.....although it was just being an extra in the movie Strangeheart.

I've also done plenty of beta testing, and I've even made a few games crash while testing them. :-P

Morick Towain

Captain of the Pirate Brethren of Texas

Morick Towain

IBoRP #116

Captain of the Pirate Brethren of Texas

AHOY THAR!!!

Let me give ye a brief update.

This bein' flu season complicates matters (that and Turkey Day...BLAST THEM PURITANS AND THAR CRANBERRY LOGS....BLAST 'EM.....ahem...). So our neogtiations are a little slow...but I expect them to pick up quickly. I'm currently meeting with a production company, and I've been scouting locations...including Treasure Island (that little bit o' landfill beneath San Francisco's Bay Bridge....not the playground of ol' Long John Silver)!

I'm the Senior Concept Artist here...so that means I have to be on seven projects at once, sometimes.

The magistrates with doubloons are raisin' thar eyebrows an' sayin', "We should do this thing..." wit' all seriousness.

You know me...I'll be keepin' ye all well informed!

-Redd

REDD.jpg

Ahoy Redd,

Like Morick Towain, I'm stuck in the middle of the country, Oklahoma to be precise but, am willing to aid ya. I'm one of those amateur actresses, minor stage stuff back in school and several years as an improv actress on ren faire circuit.

Let me know if'n I can assist ya in your endevors in any way.

Respects,

Captain Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

Fresh Paint on alla the deck guns, so when we shootin'?

Hmm, better terrain and beaches on Angel Island... 

..Old piers an' stuff upstream at China Camp... 

An' then there's Drake's Bay...... 

What? No more blood all over Hellava?

Thanks for the suggestions on the locations, Captain. Drake's Bay was always on me list....but I never thought o' China Camp and Angel Island. Arrr! That's what I get fer bein' an East Bay pirate...I gets landlocked too often.

REDD.jpg

Unfortunately not, Carrie. Wanted ter make it...but don't think I can. Hope ye had fun with yer kinfolk!

I just got a promotion at me company! I'm actually going to be running the Concept Department all by me lonesome! :rolleyes:

I need to hold wot's called a "Bagels and Lox" meetin' with the higher-ups o' me company...EARLY next year. Could any of you do me a favor, and tell me if ye would be interested in playin' an interactive Pirate game like this....how about if it were POTC related? Would ye be interested in a syndeecated television show? Let me know...your opinions are appreciated and could help me out greatly...and you all back in return! ARRRRRRRR!!!! :rolleyes:

REDD.jpg