Lots of pirates on Bourbon Street this year!

capnwilliam

Aye mates, for most lubbers, today was Tuesday, but for those of us fortunate enough and whacko enough to live it New Orleans, it was Mardi Gras!

The Pyrate Queen and I made our usual voyage to Bourbon Street. We both commented that PIRATES seemed to be the most popular costuming theme this year.

Aaarrgh, may our crew increase! :)

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

Aye!

I wore m' beads today and was surprised how many people were aware of Mardi Gras but didn't realise it was Fat Tues already. T'was hilarious. So... I tossed out a few beads today... all in a PG getting.

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Twas a nice day here along the Alabama coast as well CapnWilliam. Temp near 70 as my gal and I sat on a dock(marina) drinkin margaritas while watching a pirate themed boat parade. Band was playin Buffett music in the background .... well the marina is owned by Jimmy's sister, Lucy.

http://www.lulusathomeport.com/main/index.php

a fine time was had by all but the really tough thing bout all this is I was drawin holiday pay the whole time. The Gulf Coast does have it's good points.

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

Aye!

I wore m' beads today and was surprised how many people were aware of Mardi Gras but didn't realise it was Fat Tues already. T'was hilarious. So... I tossed out a few beads today... all in a PG getting.

~Lady B

:lol:

Mardi Gras here was surprisingly "PG": good sized crowds, but not as rowdy; more family-oriented than usual. And the revelers seemed to put more effort into their costumes than usual, which was a nice touch!

Capt. William

"If you live any other place, today was just Tuesday." :o

Capt. William

I also saw the strangest thing on Bourbon Street yesterday. A local lady was sprinking some cremation ashes on the street. Seems a friend of hers from Cleveland who'd passed away said that he loved New Orleans so much that he wanted a part of himself to be forever part of Bourbon Street, during Mardi Gras.

I was stunned, but also touched. :blink::lol:

Capt. William