Book of GAOP illustrated clothing

Jib

Question for all: I’m looking for a few good books that show the fashion of the GAOP preferably with illustrations. Ultimately I would like examples of clothing worn not only in England and on the continent but also in the colonies, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. I know it’s a tall order…

Suggestions?

Wow. There is a period or near-period book that does just that, although it's been picked apart by the critics here as not doing a good job of representing the other countries clothing, rather showing it as the author saw it.

Trouble is, I don't know the name of it and I don't have it because it's not related to the topic of my interest. I'm almost certain it's been discussed in one of the older threads the Sewing Room subforum.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Might be the two volume set I have at home, but dangitt my memory fails me for the title. They were published in the early 20th century, ca. 1910-20. I will try to get back with you on the title, and I have the two volume set in paperback with a cardboard sleeve I got cheap at a local flea market. Might be willing to trade as I never use them anymore.

I had another two volume set on costume for early historical periods that I gifted to one of my college instructors also, but cannot remember the title of those either, but they are out there.

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

No I haven't had an exchange with Kass in years. I don't see her on these forums much anymore. I imagine she must be busy or involved in other things not related to pirates.

I bet she does have a wonderful library of images!

Edited by Jib