Who is Captain Twill?

Jib

Didn't we have this conversation at some point? Or did that happen via personal message?

As I recall, it was another way of saying "thread counter" on this forum according to someone who has been around since the beginning. (Probably Stynky.) Of course, I never remember it being used in that way in any of the old discussions. (Although I haven't read all of them, so who can say?)

We talked about changing it to something more obvious and relevant a few years ago when we were overhauling the forums, which I argued against. While it doesn't mean anything to most people, it has a pretty long history here.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Stynky and I spent a lot of time debating the forum names back when the last batch of name changes were made, so it was probably from personal messages between us.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

I was part of that thread, it was on the forum. I recall that a "twill" was the pyrate/SCA reenactor genre term for stitch-counter, and thus the term was used to identify this forum with academic based discussion when this site was put in action. This came from a discussion when I first joined when someone else posed the same question back then. 99. 44/100% sure of this.

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

Now this is amusing. I was the one who started the thread asking about the name (probably in regard to Stynky wanting to change the name and me wanting to keep it) and Beau was the one who gave the answer he just gave. I don't find any other discussion of the name in this forum.

Captain Twill?

Mission_banner5.JPG

Was the original topic lost when the forum changed hands and remodeled at the time Stynky took over from the original site owners? I can't remember their names, maybe Bloody Buckets or something like that? Anyhow, I remember the site being in adifferent format and such before Stynky took over, perhaps that is where the discussion I remember could be found.

Bo