Replica 1717 broadsheet and King George's Proclamation of the Act

PoD

This is a Replica of King George 1st 1717 Proclamation announcing the Act of Grace, and the London Gazette broadsheet from 14th September 1717 reporting the Act of Grace being issued. This act was to suppress piracy in the West Indies by allowing Pirates to surrender themselves to any agents of the government and recieve a full pardon of their crimes.

gallery_10743_189_141633.jpg

Close ups of the documents:

gallery_10743_189_40057.jpg

gallery_10743_189_26947.jpg

Both documents are actual size and are printed on parchment paper at the moment until i can source some hemp paper or the like. The Proclamation is 12"x17" and the Broadsheet (which is double sided) is 6.5"x11.5". I gave them both a weathered look as I imagine the Proclamation was put up as a poster around ports and docks to inform the locals so was subjected to outdoor conditions. The broadsheet I weathered and dirtied up a bit as I would have imagined it would have travelled quite a distance aboard a damn ship before it fell into the hands of the citizens of the west indies.

I'll be selling them on my website as soon as its up as companion pieces to my Letters of Marque. Theres more pictures of these Documents in my gallery

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

Your work looks very nice ...I may be interesting in picking some of those up this autumn

Just send me a message on here when you want them and we'll sort it out.

bannerad.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I must say sir, some very fine work indeed! You may well have some of my funds before the end...i look forward to seeing more of your work in the future!

Monsieur René "la Gaffe" Truffaut - Sailor -filibustier - grenadier - Fiddler - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

I'm bookmarking this page for future consideration...I just might be interested. Would make a decent Xmas present to meself, yes? But geez...those blasted merchants complain at the least little thing!

Damn, thats sharp!

• 2 weeks later...

Now I also have the 1718 King George Proclamation and corresponding broadsheet announcing the extension to the Act of Grace and the Rewards for the capture of Pirates (at $35).

bannerad.jpg

Nicely done. I have always been a fan of the finely written and printed hand of past periods. I have tried some myself. When I get good enough I shall buy some of that Amalfi hand made parchment at $10 a sheet ..siigh :lol:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...