if at all possible could you get a few more pictures of how the pocket is fitted into the slops, or a bit more detailed of an explanation

I'll have to draw-up a diagram explainig (and showing) how the pockets were made...

Please do, Patrick. Greatly appreciate it. :)

Too damn tired right now to attempt to figure out what th' hell ye did in the first few posts of yo'rs. :unsure:

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 11 months later...

Brilliant! Thanks for th' bump. This is helpful since I'm reworking my nephew's slops...again.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 4 years later...

Major bump.......making a set for FTPI this year and need to know how you did you sizing, Mr Hand. Did you make a pattern on paper first before committing to material?

Major bump.......making a set for FTPI this year and need to know how you did you sizing, Mr Hand. Did you make a pattern on paper first before committing to material?

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

The real cool thing about slops, is that the sizing isn't super critical....and the waistband is the only part you have to semi-worry about, and because it has a tie at the back, you can adjust their fit...

Because the lags are gathered and sewn into the waistband, they are cut kinda large... when you make them, make the legs a little longer so you can cut then to the length you want after they are sewn.

I'll draw-up a sketch showing the waistband (and how to draft it's pattern) and post it in the next few days....

i pretty much take patrick's route with the fitting of them.... i usually make a pattern out of a pair of pants, add a few inches to each side to give it some extra.... and i make the waist band fit my waist and then use the waist band as a finished length to gather the legs into... i think i made sense ?? this way it turns out a lot better than finding out afterwards that it is too small or too large...

The real cool thing about slops, is that the sizing isn't super critical....and the waistband is the only part you have to semi-worry about, and because it has a tie at the back, you can adjust their fit...

Because the lags are gathered and sewn into the waistband, they are cut kinda large... when you make them, make the legs a little longer so you can cut then to the length you want after they are sewn.

I'll draw-up a sketch showing the waistband (and how to draft it's pattern) and post it in the next few days....

Thank you sir. I was looking around earlier and couldn't find what I was looking for until I found your post about making them. Did you do the "waist" sizing at the waist or the hips????

Edited by Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

I actually measure it at my hips.... but here is a simple diagram showing the waistband, and the next picture shows all of the parts, but labeled....

Slops1a_zpsc85a7477.jpg

Slopsa_zpsc9bf051f.jpg

I think the first few post in this thread explain how I made them, but if you have any questions, I will try to answer them....

• 2 months later...

I could be persuaded to make a set, but I don't do pockets in them. I use the Kanniks corner pattern and handsew with linen thread. wha cha got to trade?

mP

I'm not sure I have much of interest to trade these days. What are ya lookin' for?

Working steady at a nursing home though so I can trade "legal tender".

Not even sure I will ever get to use a pair of slops, but "just-in-case" it would be nice to have some. (I just hurt all of the time and nothing is very much fun anymore).

Bo