Superstition

Just wondering if anyone knew of any good websites, books, etc. where I could learn about the superstitions, mythical creatures, ghost stories, and common lore that sailors and/or pirates would have talked about in the 17th century? Thanks

I start to wonder

with me pockets full of plunder,

is there more to life at sea

than piracy? NO!

I can't attest to it's historical accuracy but here is an intresting page on witches I found once while looking for torture devices(Uh oh here come the crazies lol). Seems pretty good but I never re checked any of it and she does have a Bibliography there so that may be of help as well.

http://www.shanmonster.com/witch/index.html

There were some simmiliar threads a while back but right now I don't wanna look for em so use the search feature at the bottom of the page however you may or may not find what you are looking for.

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

I am sorry if my question was a repeat. I am new to the pub and did not realize there was a search feature. Thanks for the tip and website.

Its cool "hellfire" Marie There are more repeat posts than anyone can count anyway and besides we generally learn something new everytime.

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
forum20ship.gif Its Conciderd Bad Luck To Have Women Aboard A Ship,And To Set Sail On A Friday,Good Luck To Plaice A Soverign Under The Mast. So We Stole The Soverign Have Loads Of Women On Board And Alway Sail On Fridays psmiley28.gif We Are In The Market For A New Ship