MDRF Pirate Invasion Meet-up place

blenderwench

(Blenderwench stands on the top of the bar to get the bawdy bunch's attention....)

AHEM! Me reason for starting this thread is this particular event weekend is being brought up in a lot of other "raids" threads for local events, and me wee brain is gettin a tad confused as to what place, who, when, whatever

With that said (pause for sip of the tankard)....

THIS THREAD IS FOR THE MEETING PLACE OF THE PIRATE INVASION AT THE MARYLAND RENN FEST ON SEPTEMBER 25th and 26th.

Ok, for me, I will be there on Saturday. With a LARGE Group o'folks. Sunday, well, I want to be there, but depends on me head the next mornin.

Now - here's the discussion -

Part 1 - Suggestions on a time/place to meet up?

Part 2 - Anything we should do to distinguish ourselves so we know the other members of the pyracy pub?

(Pirate Phil's dead rat idea is entertaining... tee hee.... Crimson Corsair thinks of somehow having the letters "PP" displayed on our garb in a visible location. This is a great idea, but grounds for a lot of "hey, I see you have a PP!" kind of comments.... )

Ready, set, discuss!!!!!!

(scrambles down from bar, using Crimson Corsair's shoulder for leverage, and summons barkeep for a refill)

A Wench By Any Other Name..... Would Not Taste the Same!

Proudly serving as Bartender and standing orders of Second Mate on the notorious Juryrig Crew!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Blenderwench stands on the top of the bar to get the bawdy bunch's attention....)

AHEM! Me reason for starting this thread is this particular event weekend is being brought up in a lot of other "raids" threads for local events, and me wee brain is gettin a tad confused as to what place, who, when, whatever

With that said (pause for sip of the tankard)....

THIS THREAD IS FOR THE MEETING PLACE OF THE PIRATE INVASION AT THE MARYLAND RENN FEST ON SEPTEMBER 25th and 26th.

Ok, for me, I will be there on Saturday. With a LARGE Group o'folks. Sunday, well, I want to be there, but depends on me head the next mornin.

Now - here's the discussion -

Part 1 - Suggestions on a time/place to meet up?

Part 2 - Anything we should do to distinguish ourselves so we know the other members of the pyracy pub?

(Pirate Phil's dead rat idea is entertaining... tee hee.... Crimson Corsair thinks of somehow having the letters "PP" displayed on our garb in a visible location. This is a great idea, but grounds for a lot of "hey, I see you have a PP!" kind of comments.... )

Ready, set, discuss!!!!!!

(scrambles down from bar, using Crimson Corsair's shoulder for leverage, and summons barkeep for a refill)

Iff'n me tankard is full, I am up fer anything!

Bout' a certain color sash on me arm? Course, there might hap'n to be other pirates there with the same color on, not being from PP, but hey - might hap'n to be another way to be meet'n new mates!

Rotten, evil, no-good plotting, spoon-fed, going-to-hell-in-a-handbasket lass!

Always trying to bury that little devil on my shoulder and go to the angelic side -

even if just for a moment - choking down whatever evil scheme I was plotting!!!!

PirateFlag_sig.gif

A Fine Crew Indeed

My Webpage-----Pyrate Invasion at PARF-2004-----MDRF 2004 Opening Day

Sash on the arm is a good idea too or acouple of sashes. You should have seen Flint trying to get everyone together last year......Paisley accidentally ran into me before the joust and we never got directions to Flints for afterwards.

I didn't think we would be going but we are. We are still discussing which day. That was the weekend we were planning to start decoratin' our house for Halloween.

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

Mad Woman Cheryl Posted on Aug 20 2004, 10:21 PM 
  Sash on the arm is a good idea too or acouple of sashes. You should have seen Flint trying to get everyone together last year......Paisley accidentally ran into me before the joust and we never got directions to Flints for afterwards.  

ahhhhhh...memories....lol

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Mad Cheryl (aka Mad Meg), Crispy Willie, and their wee bairn, Skylarking Catfish; SeaLegs Constance 'n' her brood; Black Bart; 'n' meself 'll be there on Saturday 25 September. Hopin' t' ye there!

:lol:

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

Buccaneer, Brigand, & Cutthroat

Plundering the Spanish Main Since 1701®

"Refuse that, 'n' ye've seen th' last o' me but musket balls."

I'M BACK! and the beach was wonderful...lots o pirate stuff. YAY.

anyway i'm am going to try to take pirate weekend SAT off so i can hang out with you lot instead of working. your welcome to visit me on all other weekends at the kilt company on SAT and the potomac leather co on SUN. i'll be spending most SAT nights at the KOA campground so if anyone was thinking of staying there you won't be alone.

i'm still looking for "PP" pins if all else fails then i think the fabric will have to do :P

"Time Flies When Your Having RUM!!!!"

"But everyone talks with a British accent when they drink."

Stow Away on the Juryrig

hey, Bawdy Bunch!

guess who^_~

we seem to gravitate to the White Hart, so why don't we meet up there at 12?

I think the sash idea is a good one, and probably the easiest to do. a combo of 2 or 3 colors would probably work, and I KNOW we have scraps galore of all kinds o' cloth at your house, and everyone else probably does too, thanks to the great garb race. My fingers are still sore from jabbing them with needles, and now my fee are broken from those boots I stole :P

hey, Bawdy Bunch!

guess who^_~

we seem to gravitate to the White Hart, so why don't we meet up there at 12?

I think the sash idea is a good one, and probably the easiest to do. a combo of 2 or 3 colors would probably work, and I KNOW we have scraps galore of all kinds o' cloth at your house, and everyone else probably does too, thanks to the great garb race. My fingers are still sore from jabbing them with needles, and now my fee are broken from those boots I stole :P

HEY THERE! YAY~!!! Yeah, the sash may be a winnin idea...

Proudly serving as Bartender and standing orders of Second Mate on the notorious Juryrig Crew!

i found some fun stuff at the craft store, i'll post a pic later tonight if i have time...gotta go i'm at work.

Stow Away on the Juryrig

I'M BACK! and the beach was wonderful...lots o pirate stuff. YAY.

anyway i'm am going to try to take pirate weekend SAT off so i can hang out with you lot instead of working. your welcome to visit me on all other weekends at the kilt company on SAT and the potomac leather co on SUN. i'll be spending most SAT nights at the KOA campground so if anyone was thinking of staying there you won't be alone.

i'm still looking for "PP" pins if all else fails then i think the fabric will have to do  :lol:

YAY! That will be fantastic! But I do have it on my "dance card" so to speak this comin Saturday to wander over to the Kilt Co. to bring the pyracy rabble to you! So, hopefully we can get your attention for a few moments.... hmmm... wouldn't that be a nice time to take a break???

Can't wait to see pics of your ideas.

How far is the KOA from faire? I don't live too far, about 30-40 minutes away, but I love campin too, so maybe making a weekend out of it - especially pyrate weekend - that could be fun.

Hey everyone,

i'm new here, but i figure heres a good place to get known. i'm bringing quite a crew of college kids that weekend. if you guys want to do the sash thing, tell us what colors to make it and i'll see it done. we're also going to have our crew flags flying high, so you'll probobly see us.

Ok so i finished the Pin. not bad if i do say so my self.

ppfix.gif

it's amazing what a little hot glue and ribbon will do :)

it's also at the gallery under Pyracy Pub Pin

or just go to my website and scroll down to the bottom of the pageMy Webpage

Stow Away on the Juryrig

Queenrogue that pin looks great,i really like the ribbon.are you going to be there on opning day? I finished my pants last night .They will match my daughters dress.Her pic is on the gallary too,she is the wee one standing in front if the Jolly Roggers with a tandard in onre hand and pistol in the other.

"No matter where you go. There you are."

I have a ton of red and white striped cloth left over from my first pair of pants that did'nt work.do you think that would be good for the arm sashes we have in mind,they would really stick out. i can make a few up for Blenderwench and MadomMacall,as well as a few more people that my be joining soon...

Whatever we decide,we sould have someone make one up and put the pic in the gallary so the rest of us can make the same.

Oh, QueenRogue, that pin is soooo beautiful! I adore it. The lettering is so fantastically regal.

As far as KOA on Pirate Invastion - will have to talk to Hubby, but it is a very possible consideration. Would be fun to be in an encampment and continue the pyracy after the MDRF gates close~!

Queenrogue that pin looks great,i really like the ribbon.are you going to be there on opning day?

crimson and blenderwench, thanks for the complements on the pin, i like how it came out.

crimson as for openind day i will be there but i'll be working. nevertheless i will have my pin on. blenderwench is bringing a gang over to see me at work, you should join them.

Stow Away on the Juryrig

Queenrogue that pin looks great,i really like the ribbon.are you going to be there on opning day?

crimson and blenderwench, thanks for the complements on the pin, i like how it came out.

crimson as for openind day i will be there but i'll be working. nevertheless i will have my pin on. blenderwench is bringing a gang over to see me at work, you should join them.

Crimson is a very good friend of mine for about 16 years and running now.. (I turned him onto this site) ... so he MOST DEFINATELY will be accompanying me to your workplace. Even if by threat of my cat!

Okay - I am still trying to compose myself after Sunday and then looking at pics today of that scrumptious big strapping man - okay getting off subject again.

I have extra red fabric for a sash - two different reds as a matter of fact. So let me know what the plan is and I will work it out also.

Always trying to bury that little devil on my shoulder and go to the angelic side -

even if just for a moment - choking down whatever evil scheme I was plotting!!!!

PirateFlag_sig.gif

A Fine Crew Indeed

We will bring over a bourding party to keep the party from getting bourd....

How much did the pin cost total????We all could make a replica for future events.

it was close to nothing. the pack of letters cost me $5 they are really brads for scrap booking, but i only used two, then i hot glued them to an old earing that i had in a craft box (you can use anything round and flat) and then i used ribbon that cost me $.50 for each roll. craft stores have lotts of stuff you just have to look around. the pin that i glued on the back i just had lying around but you can buy them for a few cents.

Stow Away on the Juryrig

QueenRogue, we'll be out there on Sat 9/25. Hope to hook up with ye then, if'n not before.

Hmm. Pirate party at KOA afterwards. Sounds promisin'.

Mad Cheryl & Sealegs, I'll be there around noon. Unavoidable mornin' conflict. We'll all have to establish a meetin' place.

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

Buccaneer, Brigand, & Cutthroat

Plundering the Spanish Main Since 1701®

"Refuse that, 'n' ye've seen th' last o' me but musket balls."

We will bring over a bourding party to keep the party from getting bourd....

How much did the pin cost total????We all could make a replica for future events.

I'll be stopp'n by the craft store today to see what they have.

Iff'n I have enough coin for two do you want me make ye one too, as I am in deep gratitude over the pic of me matey.

PirateFlag_sig.gif

A Fine Crew Indeed

well i've got some good news :( and some bad news :P

the bad news is that i can't get off work on SAT! the good news is that i have the whole day off on SUN. i hope you all come out on sunday to so that i have someone to galavant with. :P

Stow Away on the Juryrig

well i've god some good news :( and some bad news :P

the bad news is that i can't get off work on SAT! the good news is that i have the whole day off on SUN. i hop you all come out on sunday to so that i have someone to galavant with. :P

Aren't you going to be there but working at the kilt shop (think that was it), or do you have to work a regular job and wont be there at all?

PirateFlag_sig.gif

A Fine Crew Indeed